Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2008 goes in Monday August 8. Service advisor said mine will be the first they have done the recall on (I don’t know if that is true or how he would even know). I too will post what I find out. Gary in Rockford Illinois

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2008 goes in Monday August 8. Service advisor said mine will be the first they have done the recall on (I don’t know if that is true or how he would even know). I too will post what I find out.
Well the dealer called and canceled my appointment. Said they had to order and wait for the repair kit to come in. Said I should call back in a week or 2 and see if it came in. Would think they would call ME when they get it. Might check other area dealers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2008 with 203000 miles got the recall letter and made appointment for next Weds. Talked to advisor who said initially they just look it over and then either say it cannot be repaired or can (and then order recall repair parts). I asked if they say it cannot be repaired do they not let me take car and he said “no, that’s your car and we can’t do that”. Real curious if anyone gets buyback offers the details.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am at the dealer now with my 2008 205000 miles. Said they will inspect and use a “slide hammer/punch” to test for rust out. Say they have had about 20 Ridgeline in so far and ALL were repairable. DeKalb Illinois West of Chicago. Will post update.
Said mine is fine for the repair. They are now ordering the repair kit which should be there in a week and will be reserved for my vehicle. They left the repair ticket open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts