Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased my 2008 RTL one year ago and it needs a decent amount of work. Nothing crazy but it's going to add up. Now I'm wondering if I should just trade it in. Could anyone provide any context for what the possibilities are for how Honda might handle this? We talking a coupon for an oil change or something more significant? Love the truck, but don't want to sink more into something that might be doomed. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have no idea what the recall is for yet. Regardless, it is a recall which would indicate that Honda will make repairs. Why on earth would you think that you truck is doomed because of a recall?
I didn't mean the truck is doomed just the scenario. Putting a couple grand into a truck with a rust issue significant enough to justify a recall seems like a bad move. Avoiding a sunk cost situation since at this point I could likely get what I paid for it back. Sorry I wasn't clear, but part of my line of questioning was really more to the point of, how bad is this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
For the level of rust on my vehicle, I don't have a dog in this fight. I am curious, however, what a STOP SALE note does to those who are looking to sell or buy a vehicle. Any expertise out there on this?
Exactly. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you just dismiss because you did an eyeball check. Even if it isn't an issue for you at the moment, it's for sure going to affect resale value.

A stop sale order applies only to Honda dealers selling used 2006-2014 Ridgelines - it does not apply to non-Honda dealers and individuals who are free to sell vehicles with open recalls.
Honda saying it's too much of a liability to continue selling these vehicles is still significant. Someone will always be willing to sell anything, but Honda distancing themselves from it seems like a pretty big red flag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts