Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport
4,176 Posts
I purchased my 2008 RTL one year ago and it needs a decent amount of work. Nothing crazy but it's going to add up. Now I'm wondering if I should just trade it in. Could anyone provide any context for what the possibilities are for how Honda might handle this? We talking a coupon for an oil change or something more significant? Love the truck, but don't want to sink more into something that might be doomed. Thanks!
We have no idea what the recall is for yet. Regardless, it is a recall which would indicate that Honda will make repairs. Why on earth would you think that you truck is doomed because of a recall?

This seems the most likely suspect for the moment doesn't it. Our 2006, actually from March of 2005, has spent most of its life in TX thus no salt and not much-if-any rust.

Yeah if the recall is real we'll all eventually get a letter I expect, unless as in my case we've re-located and Honda doesn't have our new address.
Rear frame is probably not correct. REAR SUBFRAME seems more likely to me as that is where I have seen some examples with rust. Subframe is a bolt on part.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
4,176 Posts
I didn't mean the truck is doomed just the scenario. Putting a couple grand into a truck with a rust issue significant enough to justify a recall seems like a bad move. Avoiding a sunk cost situation since at this point I could likely get what I paid for it back. Sorry I wasn't clear, but part of my line of questioning was really more to the point of, how bad is this?
If you are worried about rust, put your truck up on a lift or crawl under it and take a look for yourself. Alternatively, have an expert give you a rust opinion. We don't know what the recall is for.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
4,176 Posts
See discussion here . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts