Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Moderator's note: Click here for the recall notice on NHTSA's website.

I got an email from Carfax citing "a new recall record" but it didn't show-up for me at the NHTSA site

Does anyone here know if this is real, and what it might be about???

Copied/pasted from the carfax website:

Font Screenshot Number Rectangle Document

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the Carfax email too. Last time my 2008 was up on a lift I thought it looked like there was a lot of rust areas around the rear frame especially at suspension mounting points.
This seems the most likely suspect for the moment doesn't it. Our 2006, actually from March of 2005, has spent most of its life in TX thus no salt and not much-if-any rust.

Yeah if the recall is real we'll all eventually get a letter I expect, unless as in my case we've re-located and Honda doesn't have our new address.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Can someone here who may be familiar with the gas tank support mechanisms comment on how easy-or-difficult it might be to inspect them? Are they hidden above the gas tank thus impossible to see from below? Or maybe with mirrors? That would be a turd in the punchbowl if the tank had to be taken-out just to know if danger lurks.

Our Ridge is circa March of 2005 but spent its first twelve years in Texas, and then here Up North we haven't used it much in the winter time but when we have, if roads were slushy, always washed the undercarriage at the car wash across the street before putting in our dry, heated garage. So I'm not particularly worried for ours but wonder about inspection...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Great to see the NHTSA document/report, and it's interesting to me to see that "The recall is specific to vehicles sold or ever registered in the salt-belt region..."

Ours lived most of its life in south central TX but has been registered Up North for 5 years now, so it seems will will qualify for the inspection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts