Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I also got the same email. I assume since it says "Pending" for NTHSA number, that it will show up soon. I traded in my 2007 with 165k miles about 7 weeks ago, it needed full exhaust, oil pump seal, timing belt due to oil seal, and valve cover gaskets. The interior was looking tired. Tough decision to let it go since I was an original owner and loved it, but I might regret it less with this recall. I had heard a little about rust, but didn't look into it until today. Mine had perfect body, some rust around tailgate frame, but I didn't look underneath. I certainly hope Honda is able to do something to repair it for you guys.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I received the e-mail, too, but the recall number seems a bit odd. UCC almost always strictly refers to the Uniform Commercial Code. I don't know why a recall notice would reference the UCC.
I found this, I guess maybe there is some system for recalls there too?

The Uniform Commercial Code (“UCC”) provides a safety net by way of implied warranties to protect consumers. The two types of implied warranties under the UCC are 1) merchantability – the goods as sold are of industry standard quality, MCL 440.2314; and 2) fitness – the goods are fit for the intended purpose of the purchaser. MCL 400.2315. However, implied warranties may and should be disclaimed by manufacturers to eliminate potential avenues of liability for breach of warranty claims.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts