Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 80 of 172 Posts

·
Administrator
23,171 Posts
Welcome to the Ridgeline Owners Club, @Ebetoncourt8484!

They have now had my truck for over 4 days and they don’t know when they will have it fixed or if it’s even fixable and if it’s not then have to wait and see what honda wants to do with the buyback.
Yep - that's what the service bulletin for the recall says, too.

Honda won’t help my with a loaner because they said they don’t do that but plus because my car is from Canada that no dealer in the USA will give me a loaner because I didn’t buy the truck in Canada and the only way to transfer any type of warranty from Canada is to be a citizen and move to America and then ask honda permission to take it to America and make sure it passes American standards so because I didn’t do that nor was I the original owner that everything is now void for me and all that they can do is fix my truck what they don’t know when it could happen and the dealer is telling me to expect to wait months for this to be solved.
Good heavens that's a long sentence. Breathe!

Most automakers' warranties don't allow for loaner/rental coverage. Some luxury brands and optional vehicle service contracts do cover this expense.

We're talking about vehicles that are now between 7 and 17 years old with factory warranties that expired years ago.

So what am I suppose to do, but another truck?
That's up to you.

I wasn’t prepared for this now so I have the money for a new car or even a rental. I’m a single father of 4 boys and I’m gonna loose my job because honda dosnet know when or if they can even fix my truck so I’m gonna loose everything while I wait for Honda and I tryed customer service and everything else. This comapny is wrong for what there doing
Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on Honda's. :)

If you cannot afford alternate transportation, then you're free to continue driving your Ridgeline. The safety recall report states, "As of June 9, 2022, Honda has received five customer complaints from the U.S. market between November 2016 through November 2021, and no reports of fires or injuries related to this issue." There were around 300,000 2006-2014 Ridgelines sold. Complaints were received on 0.000017% of them and none of them resulted in fire or injury.

I believe your expectations and fears are far too high.

·
Registered
2004, Ram 2500, cummins turbo
14 Posts
I've been looking at the gen 1's this week and called three small dealers in Eastern Ma and one in Conn about rl they have listed. I didn't think their prices were low, most I thought were high but when asked about the recall on these trucks they said that would be between me and Honda. when I asked about these recent trades, they said they're seeing an increase in these model years at auctions since the recall was issued.

·
Premium Member
2011 VP Bali Blue Pearl
339 Posts
As far as getting a recall done on a CN vehicle that is now living in the US here's my thread on how it worked for me with the airbag recall.
As of right now Honda USA doesn't recognize my VIN however Honda Canada does. Looks like if I want to have this taken care of I'll have to do all these steps again. Frankly I'm just going to take a look at this problem area and see how bad it is. Then figure out if I want to jump through the hoops to get this done. I'd really feel better if someone would report back here after having the recall done and describe what was done etc.

I get the feeling that this won't be getting much attention from the Honda dealers and most will respond with a MEH.

·
Registered
690 Posts
That is some serious rot. I would bet Honda would not even attempt to repair, do you?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh my! What model year?
From reading his other posts that Ridgeline is a 2007 with roughly 190k kms or 118k miles. For sure this is going to be BER by Honda. I am interested in seeing what they offer him for it.

Kelley Blue Book Canada has a 07 EX-L with 190k kms trade in value $5k-$6K and dealer asking $14,400-$15,900

Going to have to get some images of mine to compare....

·
Registered
2 Posts
The recall has to do with the fuel cell mounts at the rear of the frame. In icebelt states where they de-ice the roads in wintertime mud and salt and debris gets stuck up there and can damage so bad from rust that the dang fueltank falls off! Of course could be very dangerous but nobody I know has a Ridgeline THAT rusty. Honda says they are currently working on the "tools and procedure to fix this issue" and there is a website and telephone number but I'm sorry I don't have it currently.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,138 Posts
If anyone needs pictures of what a northern rusty, rotten Ridgeline with gas tank straps pulling out of the cross memeber looks like, here you go: Enjoy all the rusty goodness... :)

snip
How is that even roadworthy?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, it's a 2007, it has 181,000 Km on it now but at the time of those pictures (about 22 months ago, I think September of 2020) it had 160,00 km (100k miles) on it. I rebuilt both sides of the "frame" rails & the cross member that supports both the front of the rear sub-frame & the rear of the fuel tank straps using 2" X 3" rectangular tubing, 1/4" plate and 1/16th" plate steel. It was quite a job to say the least. The rot was probably at least 3 times as bad as what I could see. It took me a week and a half (while pretty much still daily driving it) and approx. $1,800 in materials to complete. It definitely was not really worth it. If you have a truck that looks similar, trade it in asap unless Honda is going to pay out for these things. My truck is far stronger now than it was from the factory, probably a bit heavier too :) .

I'm curious if these payouts happen what Honda will do in my case. I made about 10 videos of my rebuild of the damaged areas, then got too lazy to do anything with them like put them on u-boob. Maybe I should get my lazy butt in action and put them up, might help someone show the work involved.
Cheers

·
Registered
935 Posts
Here is an update to TSB A22-016. And the actual repair TSB A22-021.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
The procedure MtMan attached references an inspection video, but that requires dealer creds to access. If anyone here finds it somewhere, by all means post! :)

Now I've looked at the whole 41 page document and .... wow. Crazy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I live in Eastern Canada. Scared they will take my truck from me I have a recall appointment Aug3rd.
My truck has rockers that need replaced and I think the rear gas tank straps may fail.

I just hope I get a good buy out.

Was told that if it fails the recall its off the road right away :(

·
Registered
690 Posts
I live in Eastern Canada. Scared they will take my truck from me I have a recall appointment Aug3rd.
My truck has rockers that need replaced and I think the rear gas tank straps may fail.

I just hope I get a good buy out.

Was told that if it fails the recall its off the road right away :(
Who would take your truck, Honda of Canada? Interesting, as it is your personal property. Maybe I am missing something. Keep us posted as to what you learn and if offered a buyout.

Reactions: McChizzle

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I slid under mine last week and took a look. She is mint, not a spot of rust anywhere on that part of the frame. I'm not going to bother with the dealership inspection for now. It's not like they would be installing an upgraded part. Now when/if it starts to rust, I'll take it in right away and have them replace it.

That part has gone from $400 to $1000 due to the recall. I was talking to a local RL owner and his truck has been sitting at the dealership for 2 weeks now. They won't let him leave with the truck as it is a public safety issue. They told him the part "is on it's way" F#@k that!

61 - 80 of 172 Posts