Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I slid under mine last week and took a look. She is mint, not a spot of rust anywhere on that part of the frame. I'm not going to bother with the dealership inspection for now. It's not like they would be installing an upgraded part. Now when/if it starts to rust, I'll take it in right away and have them replace it.

That part has gone from $400 to $1000 due to the recall. I was talking to a local RL owner and his truck has been sitting at the dealership for 2 weeks now. They won't let him leave with the truck as it is a public safety issue. They told him the part "is on it's way" F#@k that!
yeah that sucks!!!! at least with mine, they are not taking it in until they have the parts - Aug 3rd. My rockers are bad, but the rear seems good...we shall see

Stressful not knowing if they will take your truck...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it's pretty well thought out: now there's a repair kit, the white paper defines what is good enough to work with and what isn't, and, applied to the former, it seems to be a thorough corrective procedure - at least for the present. As for going forward beyond this, (relative to what state you're in, does the owner get it undercoated after the repair, how much winter use and/or additional road saline it's subjected to, etc.), your rustage may vary...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks very much for posting this recall! I used to live in Jersey, but now am down south and never got the letter and if you all didn't share this information, I would never have known! Looked up my VIN and I'm on the list. Following is what shows up on the NHTSA site when I typed in my VIN, which aligns with other info shared:

1 Unrepaired Recallsassociated with this VIN
Jul 27,2022
Manufacturer Recall Number LCD
NHTSA Recall Number22V-430
Recall Status Recall Incomplete
Summary American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (Honda) is recalling certain 2006 - 2014 model year Ridgeline vehicles. Corrosion can form on the rear frame due to accumulation of road de-icing agents mixed with mud and dirt. The fuel tank, which is mounted to the rear frame, can become unsecured as the rear frame deteriorates from corrosion.
Safety Risk An unsecured fuel tank may result in a fuel leak and an increased risk of fire in the presence of an ignition source. Loud noises from the rear of the vehicle can alert you in the event the fuel tank becomes unsecured.
Remedy Please call any authorized Honda dealer and make an appointment to have your vehicle inspected for rear frame corrosion. Depending on the extent of corrosion, the dealer may repair your vehicle by removing the corrosion, applying anti-corrosive wax, and structurally reinforcing the rear frame, where necessary, for FREE. For additional questions or to get help locating a dealer, owners may contact American Honda's Customer Support & Campaign Center at 1-888-234-2138.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Our Ridgeline spent the first 12 years of its life in Texas, and the last 5+ in Wisconsin, and I see that ours has made the list.

I've not looked undercarriage yet but suspect all is OK. Heck we have hardly driven it in the winter time up here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Our 2008 Ridgeline is rust-free, was purchased in Maryland, and spent most of its life in California. The recall notice popped on CARFAX back in July for my VIN number but waited until my service minder came for Due now service. I made an appointment for Safety Recall/22V-430 and for service. The truck undercarriage inspection took 2.5 hours before I got the all-clear and called me to come and pick up the truck. A happy ending for me.
CARFAX - 07/22/2022
Manufacturer Safety-related recall issued
NHTSA: #22V-430
Recall: #LCD 2006-14 Ridgeline Rear Frame Repair
Safety Recall

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an appointment for my Ridgeline to go to the dealer next Wednesday August 10th. Has anyone on here had an issue so bad with the recall that it couldn’t be fixed and Honda bought their truck back? If so, what is the price range that was offered? I took a peak under my truck and it doesn’t look well. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2008 goes in Monday August 8. Service advisor said mine will be the first they have done the recall on (I don’t know if that is true or how he would even know). I too will post what I find out. Gary in Rockford Illinois

·
Registered
43 Posts
My 2008 goes in Monday August 8. Service advisor said mine will be the first they have done the recall on (I don’t know if that is true or how he would even know). I too will post what I find out.
Mine is delayed till Aug 18th. They said its like a 3 hour job they need to take lots of pics etc for Honda

·
Registered
690 Posts
I looked up the Honda part number, Honda 65730-SJC-A00ZZ Crossmember C, Floor Middle for
2006-2014 Honda Ridgeline called out in the 22V-430 Safety Recall for replacement. Numerous places have the part in stock, around $775. I wonder what other parts are needed? For you guys having an appointment for inspection, what do you think your chances of getting a loaner while your truck is being looked at?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I looked up the Honda part number, Honda 65730-SJC-A00ZZ Crossmember C, Floor Middle for
2006-2014 Honda Ridgeline called out in the 22V-430 Safety Recall for replacement. Numerous places have the part in stock, around $775. I wonder what other parts are needed? For you guys having an appointment for inspection, what do you think your chances of getting a loaner while your truck is being looked at?
A loaner? for me in my small city the summer is a nightmare for a rental.

I was told the dealer also puts a wax on the rails to deter future issues.
that is IF it passes and is deemed roadworthy.

·
Registered
690 Posts
A loaner? for me in my small city the summer is a nightmare for a rental.

I was told the dealer also puts a wax on the rails to deter future issues.
that is IF it passes and is deemed roadworthy.
Understand. Wax, interesting solution. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2006 Ridgeline RTL about 8 months ago I bought the truck, 2 months after purchasing the vehicle, my fuel tank strap rotted away, while inspecting under the vehicle most of the truck was rotted. Have an appointment Tuesday hopefully Honda buys back the truck. Will post results Wednesday.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have 2006 Ridgeline RTL about 8 months ago I bought the truck, 2 months after purchasing the vehicle, my fuel tank strap rotted away, while inspecting under the vehicle most of the truck was rotted. Have an appointment Tuesday hopefully Honda buys back the truck. Will post results Wednesday.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Massachusetts
You probably get as much road salt as we do here in Indiana. I wonder if dealers "compare notes" among certain warranty issues or just do what American Honda Motor Co tells them?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just received the recall notice today in the mail.
Transport Canada No.: 2022-320
Campaign No.: P25
August 2022

I found 4 other threads here that reference this issue if anyone can do a merge.

I'll have to check with my mechanic because I know they did something last year (replaced bolts) because of rust - I'm just not sure where.
FYI, my recall notice says:
In the exceptional case that any of your vehicle's rear frame rails fail the inspection criteria, dealers will provide you with an offer to purchase your vehicle. The purchase price offered will be a pre-determined value that is calculated taking into account key vehicle attributes, such as model year, trim, and mileage. The price offered will also include a bonus amount over and above the vehicle's estimated value. Where a vehicle fails the rear frame inspection, dealers will provide you with temporary alternative transportation, free-of-charge, until the vehicle purchase process is complete.
NB My bolding.

Oddly enough, I put my first call into a Honda Dealership yesterday. I wanted to book an appointment for a 3 year brake fluid change and get them to take a look at the alarm system that goes off on it's own. I'm still waiting for them to return the call. Not a good start for my first ever visit to a dealership for service in my life.

I'll be following this thread.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I just received the recall notice today in the mail.
Transport Canada No.: 2022-320
Campaign No.: P25
August 2022

I found 4 other threads here that reference this issue if anyone can do a merge.

I'll have to check with my mechanic because I know they did something last year (replaced bolts) because of rust - I'm just not sure where.
FYI, my recall notice says:

NB My bolding.

Oddly enough, I put my first call into a Honda Dealership yesterday. I wanted to book an appointment for a 3 year brake fluid change and get them to take a look at the alarm system that goes off on it's own. I'm still waiting for them to return the call. Not a good start for my first ever visit to a dealership for service in my life.

I'll be following this thread.
Understand your concern about the dealership. I am in the same boat, don't have a good feeling. I have taken expectational care of my Ridge now having over 292K miles on the truck. I too, have serious rust, but nothing has dropped, yet. Appreciate you sharing the contents of your letter. Look forward to learning what you find out.

81 - 100 of 117 Posts