Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
101 - 120 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
One more thread that discusses the issue.
Post 64 has pictures
Post 71 has a 41 page document outlining the repair.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Why would Honda buy it back?
Because 1st Gen Ridgelines in the "Rust Belt" are being recalled for this issue and if they can not fix it with their "Kit" that they are suppose to be able to bolt on over the rotted subframe and fuel straps, it is unfit and Honda is buying them back. Just like the late 90's Tacoma's Toyota bought back from people in 2010.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The procedure MtMan attached references an inspection video, but that requires dealer creds to access. If anyone here finds it somewhere, by all means post! :)

Now I've looked at the whole 41 page document and .... wow. Crazy.
Honda did a Good job of documenting, step by step what to do if in fact a repair can be made. That took time to put together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2008 goes in Monday August 8. Service advisor said mine will be the first they have done the recall on (I don’t know if that is true or how he would even know). I too will post what I find out.
Well the dealer called and canceled my appointment. Said they had to order and wait for the repair kit to come in. Said I should call back in a week or 2 and see if it came in. Would think they would call ME when they get it. Might check other area dealers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Moderator's note: Click here for the recall notice on NHTSA's website.

I got an email from Carfax citing "a new recall record" but it didn't show-up for me at the NHTSA site

Does anyone here know if this is real, and what it might be about???

Copied/pasted from the carfax website:

View attachment 427173
Has anyone received an offer from Honda to buy out their Ridgeline due to the amount of corrosion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an appointment in 3 days for this recall. The area were the gas tank straps on is actually not too bad, but if you follow the frame to where the rear supspensions are, the frame is extremely corroded. Does anyone have any thoughts on wether they would do anything about that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just spoke with the dealership.
I have the 2006 base model Ridgeline with 422,523 KMS the underside is rotten and the vehicle is no longer roadworthy. The Service Manager indicated the buy-back would be around $2900.00
So they basically just gave you the lowest trade in price for a recall that wasn't your fault? I am going to be pretty upset if they can't fix mine when I take it in and they lowball me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Brought mine in today. When I booked the appointment I was told I could wait . Upon arrival I was told it will be there all day or more.
They do a visual inspection and then pump fluid (water) inside the frame to see it rust flushes out. They stated they are all just learning about the entire process.
They did give me a loaner. 2010 . 206k near Boston.

·
Registered
8 Posts
One more thread that discusses the issue.
Post 64 has pictures
Post 71 has a 41 page document outlining the repair.
My truck failed, they said it's one of the worst one's the ever saw.

101 - 120 of 172 Posts