Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
121 - 140 of 562 Posts
Brought mine in today. When I booked the appointment I was told I could wait . Upon arrival I was told it will be there all day or more.
They do a visual inspection and then pump fluid (water) inside the frame to see it rust flushes out. They stated they are all just learning about the entire process.
They did give me a loaner. 2010 . 206k near Boston.

One more thread that discusses the issue.
Post 64 has pictures
Post 71 has a 41 page document outlining the repair.
My truck failed, they said it's one of the worst one's the ever saw.

My recall notice arrived today. 2008 RTL/Nav, 60,000 miles always garaged, looks almost new. Slid under it and from what I could see, it looked to be in pretty good condition. It’s an Indiana truck and I am the original owner. If it doesn’t pass, I will be shocked. Wonder if an unscrupulous dealer could tell an owner that a good truck like mine, is unfixable, offer to buy it for cheap, then fix it (or not) and turn a big profit by reselling it in today’s market.

Wonder if an unscrupulous dealer could tell an owner that a good truck like mine, is unfixable, offer to buy it for cheap, then fix it (or not) and turn a big profit by reselling it in today’s market.
If Honda buys the vehicle back, you'll get a check from Honda and they will take possession of it and recycle it rather than fix it and put it back on the road - the dealer wouldn't be able to sell it.

Reactions: Coltsfan
If Honda buys the vehicle back, you'll get a check from Honda and they will take possession of it and recycle it rather than fix it and put it back on the road - the dealer wouldn't be able to sell it.
I agree about Honda buying it, but I was speculating about a dealer doing it without involving Honda Corp.

Please do not judge me. That Ridgeline isn't my primary car at all.

My fuel tank felt on the driveshaft in May 2022. I installed tie-wraps to hold the fuel tank, but the driveshaft keeps banging the fuel tank during accelerations. I cannot fill the fuel tank to the maximum because the noise becomes way too loud.

Obviously, that recall is for me.

My appointment is September 15th, but since the fuel tank has already fallen, they will try to repair it before. Just like other people, I am expecting a repurchase from Honda. I know Tacoma owners from late 90s received a very good amount when Toyota bought their cars back (funny enough, I also had a Tacoma when the recall happened).

That Ridgeline is a 368,000 kms piece of shit that I bought last year for $800 CAD.

Similar to post #108, my local dealer (west of Boston) would not make an appointment until they first receive the parts from Honda. They advised me to call back in a couple of weeks. They did verify my VIN and have me in their database, for what that is worth :cool:
Jim

People were gobbling up used Tacoma's so they could get the buyback money. At these deflated figures, I don't think anyone will be buying a used Ridgeline to grab some quick dough.

Reactions: Jack'D
My truck failed, they said it's one of the worst one's the ever saw.
You should post some pics of the belly of your beast. It would be interesting to see just how bad it is.

Brought mine in today. When I booked the appointment I was told I could wait . Upon arrival I was told it will be there all day or more.
They do a visual inspection and then pump fluid (water) inside the frame to see it rust flushes out. They stated they are all just learning about the entire process.
They did give me a loaner. 2010 . 206k near Boston.
Updated that straps & mounts were rusted . Being replaced today.

Just got it as well. Will we receive a letter?
Yes, I am not able to see the information in the letter that was mailed yet, but I know a letter in my mail today.
My recall notice arrived today. 2008 RTL/Nav, 60,000 miles always garaged, looks almost new. Slid under it and from what I could see, it looked to be in pretty good condition. It’s an Indiana truck and I am the original owner. If it doesn’t pass, I will be shocked. Wonder if an unscrupulous dealer could tell an owner that a good truck like mine, is unfixable, offer to buy it for cheap, then fix it (or not) and turn a big profit by reselling it in today’s market.
I am also in Indiana. I have only had my 2009 a couple of months but carfax reports most of the vehicles life (prior 114K) was spent around the Northside of Indianapolis. I live in Southern Indiana. I'm finally able to have a mechanic look it over tomorrow to see everything that it is going to need before winter, and to what to expect before taking it to a dealer for the recall, and an estimate of work needed done.
I have a little rust on the outside body wheel well so anything is possible underneath. Owe too much on it to take less than market value. Car shopping is not at all fun these days
I took it in today for the recall and they said they need to wait for them to receive a "kit" from Honda. Honestly, the rear of my frame is so rotten I don't really see what they could do to make it safe.
Is it possible to get a second opinion at another Honda dealer?

121 - 140 of 562 Posts