Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad I got a Ridgeline !! :D

For anyone who has a Taco in these years, dont forget to get yourself fixed up !!!

WASHINGTON - Toyota Motor Corp., in one of its largest safety recalls ever, said Tuesday it is recalling more than 750,000 pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles because of problems with the front suspension that could hinder steering.

The company said the recall covers 774,856 vehicles in the United States, including the 2001-2004 model years of the Tacoma, the 2001-2002 versions of the 4Runner and the 2002-2004 model years of the Tundra and Sequoia.

Toyota said the surface of a ball joint which connects to the front suspension may have been scratched when it was manufactured, which could lead to wear and tear over time.

Any excessive wear or looseness in the joint could force drivers to exert more effort when steering, allow the vehicle to drift and increase the amount of noise from the suspension.

Ming-Jou Chen, a Toyota spokeswoman, said the company had confirmed six cases in which the condition existed in the suspension. There have been no injuries associated with the problems.

Toyota said it planned to conduct a similar recall of the affected vehicles in Canada, Japan, Australia and other countries, but did not immediately have the number of vehicles that would be covered outside the U.S.

Chen said it was one of the largest recalls in company history.

In 1992, Toyota recalled about 550,000 Camrys from the 1987-1990 model years because of the potential for power door locks to malfunction and lock passengers out of or inside the vehicles.

In 2002, the company recalled nearly 400,000 subcompact and minicar vehicles exported to the United States, Europe and Canada because of improperly designed brake fluid pipes.

In Tuesday's recall of trucks and SUVs, owners will be notified beginning in July and will be able to have the problem fixed at no cost, Chen said.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Recall

*** Disclaimer - This post is NOT a slam against Toyota in any way .. its for our members who may own one. ***

·
Registered
68 Posts

I dont know about anyone else , but I am sick and tired of all they
Toyota talk you have brought over here. Take it back to Toyota land
so you and your Tacoma buddy can have it out over there.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

FYI Baja, this is a heads up for any of our members who own one. I have a toyota and have nothing against them. Take it as you want to its a legit post

By the way .. welcome to the ROC. :confused:

·
Registered
406 Posts

Bellteck -

Yes, thanks for the heads up. I don't own one, but several friends do.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I added a little to your thread title so folks wouldn't think that this was referring to a Honda recall for the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good thing my Tacoma is an 05, and our 4Runner is an 00...

·
Registered
188 Posts

Baja said:
I dont know about anyone else , but I am sick and tired of all they
Toyota talk you have brought over here. Take it back to Toyota land
so you and your Tacoma buddy can have it out over there.
That's why it's in Miscellaneous.
Thanks for changing that title Zero.
I thought I was going to get something fixed!
I don't really care either, about Toyota, or others recall problems
and I have friends and family with Toyota trucks.
They seem minor anyway.
Those owners will get the recall in the mail.
Lets talk about what we care about on this site, the Ridgeline. :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Admin, please delete this thread. It was not intended to get peoples panties in an uproar like it has, it was placed so members who have one will know about it even if they bought it used and dont get a notice in the mail.

The ONLY reason I placed this in here is HONDA never had a truck until now and most people who do not like domestic most likely had a Toyota. I have a Toyota and its a great car so if you want to hate me for that, GO AHEAD !! :mad: I ALSO have a HONDA Ridgeline so you can call us a MIXED family. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
all new cars and trucks have recalls . its not a big deal.

this honda truck is like no other on the road and will be copied by other brands. it is no t1000 toyo poser

·
Registered
480 Posts
Don't see what the big deal is, nice to know if someone has cross ownership.

I just sold my toyota & I loved it and would have bought another if my stupid boyfriend hadn't talked me out of it.

He MADE me drive a RL & then I made my own decision - love them both - one has a lot more Pep & the other comfortable - if I had more money would own both.

and I will hand it to Toyota, in December I got a recall notice on my 92 4x4 and they replaced the steering rod for me @ no cost, thats a 92 with over 220,000 miles...... not bad. I was the original owner & they tracked me down and sent me a notice.

Good for them, hope Honda does the same.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Good to know - I'm glad to see that with only 6 vehicles in research, they are taking the road to ensure their customers safety. That alone will win them sales in the long haul. GM, would probably wait until they had ohh 100 or so - or worse.

good post

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
He MADE me drive a RL & then I made my own decision - love them both - one has a lot more Pep & the other comfortable - if I had more money would own both.
Are you referring to your boyfriend and your RL or your Toyota and your RL? :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
The RL is more Comfortable - the Toyota had more Pep, as for the Boyfriend - How do you describe someone you have dated for 17 years? At this point the cars are funner to drive:D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks for the recall info. I know someone with an affected truck- I'll mention the recall to him.

On a differnt topic. I am happy when companies issue recalls and fix defects. I'd rather have a company admit an issue instead of hide a safety issue, as some companies have done.

-W

1 - 16 of 16 Posts