Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
The North Mountain fully roll-ip cover is cheap, easy-to-install and if carefully mounted, waterproof:

Bed access as pictured. View attachment 430749
What do you mean "if carefully mounted"?
Is it "locked" somehow to the sides of the bed?
How long are you using it? How is the vinyl quality? Would it survive 100 degree summers for 5-6 years?

· Registered
233 Posts
Installed my North Mountain cover yesterday.
I've found a used OEM cover on CL for $400, but went with NM cover cuz of huge weight difference.
There are few things I would like to se redesigned, but I like the vinyl and built quality.
Will see how long the vinyl would last under the TX sun. :)

· Registered
233 Posts
Well my North Mountain only had a few small leaks in front and its because of an issue with the bed rail. Up front near the cab the 90* bed rail angle has a flat groove that goes right into the bed compartment, and under most tonneau cover weather strip. Its about as wide as Popsicle stick (almost exactly in fact).

If you take a Popsicle stick and slide it into that groove you will see it goes directly into the bed - a great place for rain to intrude when driving at speed. Taking that same Popsicle stick and use it to push some 3M strip caulk in there will fix the issue and is invisibe. If ou are willing to remove the cover you could put some closed foam weatherstip in there instead. View attachment 430808
How much of your foam seal strip is squeezed between the front rail and plastic bed cover?
I've installed my cover so the forward vinyl bulge is touching the C-pillar panels, but half or so of the seal strip is just hanging unused/ uncompressed.

· Registered
233 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
BK Honda Parts sells it for $789 + shipping, which to me would be $328 (near Cincinnati) so $1117, but there's a discount code that cuts the shipping charge by 50%, so currently $957 to me. That's $131 more than in 2020. I bought one then, but as mentioned before I asked my Honda dealer if they wanted to compete with that, and they matched it.

Bed Products/Tonneau Cover accessories for 2022 Honda Ridgeline | BKHonda (bkhondaparts.com)
My buddy that had a 2017 RL swears he got his cover for $750 + tax at the local dealership back in 2017.
Now the same dealer wants $1150+ tax.

· Registered
233 Posts
I think in 2020 the OEM was $1100; maybe $1050. (edit: just searched email, and list price was $995 in 2020) I was very surprised that my dealer matched the BK deal then, but it was June/July 2020, when many businesses were desperate to get the cash flowing, so maybe that's why (not that my $700 would keep the lights on long, lol).
Back in 2014-15 and all the way to 2020 dealers were selling vehicles and parts for 15-20% under MSRP.
All negotiations were starting at 10% below MSRP and most of the salesmen were making $100 per unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts