Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
812 Posts
The North Mountain fully roll-ip cover is cheap, easy-to-install and if carefully mounted, waterproof:

Bed access as pictured.
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

· Registered
812 Posts
What do you mean "if carefully mounted"?
Is it "locked" somehow to the sides of the bed?
How long are you using it? How is the vinyl quality? Would it survive 100 degree summers for 5-6 years?
You can move the cover rails forward and tighten up the connection at the front of the bed, a major source of water intrusion...often people mount the covers too rearward... Then "lock down the rail brackets for a secure mount.

I live near Orolando and the truck sees significant long term heat but I've only had the cover for two months, the vinyl quality compares to the expensive cover I had on my Tundra if thta helps. That cover is still perfect after 10 years. Its important to treat the cover regualrly with something like Aerospace 303 or similar product.

The trunk lid will open 90% of the way with the cover Unrolled and stay up on its own so there is excellent access even with the bed covered. And yes, when ROLLED Up the entire bed is available for use

· Registered
812 Posts
From what I have read and seen, they all leak to some degree. Had one on a Tundra and while it leaked, it was minimal and kept most of the water out.
Well my North Mountain only had a few small leaks in front and its because of an issue with the bed rail. Up front near the cab the 90* bed rail angle has a flat groove that goes right into the bed compartment, and under most tonneau cover weather strip. Its about as wide as Popsicle stick (almost exactly in fact).

If you take a Popsicle stick and slide it into that groove you will see it goes directly into the bed - a great place for rain to intrude when driving at speed. Taking that same Popsicle stick and use it to push some 3M strip caulk in there will fix the issue and is invisibe. If ou are willing to remove the cover you could put some closed foam weatherstip in there instead.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Comfort Window
Hood Wood Grey Bumper Sleeve
Automotive tire Grey Automotive design Hood Tints and shades

1 - 3 of 3 Posts