Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Just ordered a RetraxONE MX from TonneauCovered.com for my new Pacific Pewter '22 RTL. Their $1199 price was $220 cheaper than everywhere else (free S/H too). This will be my third Retrax self-installed cover. Yes, Retrax will minimally interfere with the trunk fully opening and the canister will eat up a little space. Those issues are acceptable for my intended use, especially with additional in-floor trunk storage. The upside is top-notch build quality, ability to open the cover independent of the tailgate, keyed lock security, locking in any position, confidence it will easily withstand the Phoenix area climate and, IMO, the best appearance of any cover out there.

· Registered
10 Posts
I've never owned a retractable cover in a cold weather climate. A quick check of the RetraxONE MX webpage shows it's rated for operation in temps -50 to 200F. I've read numerous reviews for the product on multiple sites and never once encountered a complaint about weather/climate related poor performance.
I've never owned a retractable cover in a cold weather climate. A quick check of the RetraxONE MX webpage shows it's rated for operation in temps -50 to 200F. I've read numerous reviews for the product on multiple sites and never once encountered a complaint about weather/climate related poor performance.
More info from their FAQ's

Will it keep the truck bed dry? What About Snow And Ice? An automotive grade weather-strip, designed for harsh outdoor use, seals the Polycarbonate series truck bed cover on all sides to help keep water, snow, ice and dust out of your bed and the moving parts of the cover; the system seals nicely over the top of the tailgate. The automotive grade weather-strip incorporates a soft felt lining that allows a smooth sliding action even in ice and snow conditions. All Retrax covers are manufactured in Grand Forks, ND; it has been engineered to withstand Mother Nature’s worst and offers dependable operation year-around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts