Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just ordered a RetraxONE MX from TonneauCovered.com for my new Pacific Pewter '22 RTL. Their $1199 price was $220 cheaper than everywhere else (free S/H too). This will be my third Retrax self-installed cover. Yes, Retrax will minimally interfere with the trunk fully opening and the canister will eat up a little space. Those issues are acceptable for my intended use, especially with additional in-floor trunk storage. The upside is top-notch build quality, ability to open the cover independent of the tailgate, keyed lock security, locking in any position, confidence it will easily withstand the Phoenix area climate and, IMO, the best appearance of any cover out there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just traded my 2019 Ridgeline for a 2023. The old one had the dealer-supplied hard folding tonneau cover, but didn’t allow full bed access. Looking for recommendations on a tonneau that allows full access, security not a big issue. Lots of roll-ups available with mixed reviews. Thoughts? TY.
I don't know about "tonneaus" as I don't like soft covers but I love my aluminum bed cover made by Peragon. Hail proof, locking, keeps the water and dust out. Doesn't fold and obstruct your rear view. The whole thing snaps out and can be stowed under the rear seat. A bit pricey but long lasting. Check it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just traded my 2019 Ridgeline for a 2023. The old one had the dealer-supplied hard folding tonneau cover, but didn’t allow full bed access. Looking for recommendations on a tonneau that allows full access, security not a big issue. Lots of roll-ups available with mixed reviews. Thoughts? TY.
Got lucky and scored a Bak Flip MX4 off Craigslist that fit my 2022 RTL-E perfect. Really happy with the design, fit and functionality.

BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover | BAKFlip

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey I have the hard folding cover,works good. There's a TV show where I am called Truck U
They advertise a cover that's the same ,but it has an extra fold so you can access the full bed

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know about "tonneaus" as I don't like soft covers but I love my aluminum bed cover made by Peragon. Hail proof, locking, keeps the water and dust out. Doesn't fold and obstruct your rear view. The whole thing snaps out and can be stowed under the rear seat. A bit pricey but long lasting. Check it out.
Love my Peragon as well. Still looks great after 2.5 years

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a BakFlip, MX4 on my 2022 Ridgeline. We live in Arizona and I wanted something that would tolerate the heat, have a hard matte finish, and allow me full access when opened up all the way!! Very happy with it. Those cheaper roll up and light weight bed covers don't hold up out here!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Truxedo low pro also but be aware that the latch is on the left side and can only be operated with the tailgate opened down, not swung out. It’s a great cover for the price but the latch would be better on the right side.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have the Truxedo low pro also but be aware that the latch is on the left side and can only be operated with the tailgate opened down, not swung out. It’s a great cover for the price but the latch would be better on the right side.
It is shipped from the factory like that, but you can mount the latch on either side.
It took me less than 2 minutes to switch it from the left rail to the right rail.
In that configuration, the tailgate does NOT need to be opened down to operate the tonneau cover.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,830 Posts
Just ordered a RetraxONE MX from TonneauCovered.com for my new Pacific Pewter '22 RTL. Their $1199 price was $220 cheaper than everywhere else (free S/H too). This will be my third Retrax self-installed cover. Yes, Retrax will minimally interfere with the trunk fully opening and the canister will eat up a little space. Those issues are acceptable for my intended use, especially with additional in-floor trunk storage. The upside is top-notch build quality, ability to open the cover independent of the tailgate, keyed lock security, locking in any position, confidence it will easily withstand the Phoenix area climate and, IMO, the best appearance of any cover out there.
How would this cover perform in the snowy/icy climate of Colorado?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've never owned a retractable cover in a cold weather climate. A quick check of the RetraxONE MX webpage shows it's rated for operation in temps -50 to 200F. I've read numerous reviews for the product on multiple sites and never once encountered a complaint about weather/climate related poor performance.
I've never owned a retractable cover in a cold weather climate. A quick check of the RetraxONE MX webpage shows it's rated for operation in temps -50 to 200F. I've read numerous reviews for the product on multiple sites and never once encountered a complaint about weather/climate related poor performance.
More info from their FAQ's

Will it keep the truck bed dry? What About Snow And Ice? An automotive grade weather-strip, designed for harsh outdoor use, seals the Polycarbonate series truck bed cover on all sides to help keep water, snow, ice and dust out of your bed and the moving parts of the cover; the system seals nicely over the top of the tailgate. The automotive grade weather-strip incorporates a soft felt lining that allows a smooth sliding action even in ice and snow conditions. All Retrax covers are manufactured in Grand Forks, ND; it has been engineered to withstand Mother Nature’s worst and offers dependable operation year-around.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is shipped from the factory like that, but you can mount the latch on either side.
It took me less than 2 minutes to switch it from the left rail to the right rail.
In that configuration, the tailgate does NOT need to be opened down to operate the tonneau cover.
Excellent fix.
Excellent fix

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was going with the backflip but decided WTH and went with the Retrax Pro. I love it for looks and function. YMMV may vary because some people don't want a canister but not a problem for me. Does it leak? A little. Trunk access is not a problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Truxedo LoPro. Easy to roll up and secure and//or remove. Ck their warranty as I think it is for life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After I posted that I looked at it again and discovered that as you said, it can be switched with a 1/2” wrench. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
After I posted that I looked at it again and discovered that as you said, it can be switched with a 1/2” wrench. Thanks
Depending on the cover, it may not matter which side you have the latch. For example, the Low Pro has a seal on the end that requires that the tailgate must be closed first in either direction or it will crimp this seal.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Depending on the cover, it may not matter which side you have the latch. For example, the Low Pro has a seal on the end that requires that the tailgate must be closed first in either direction or it will crimp this seal.
It does matter which side the latch is on with the Low Pro.
If the latch is on the left, you either have to drop the tailgate down OR swing it all the way open, to reach the latch.
If installed on the right, you only need to swing the tailgate open 2" to reach the latch.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts