Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
BK Honda Parts sells it for $789 + shipping, which to me would be $328 (near Cincinnati) so $1117, but there's a discount code that cuts the shipping charge by 50%, so currently $957 to me. That's $131 more than in 2020. I bought one then, but as mentioned before I asked my Honda dealer if they wanted to compete with that, and they matched it.

Bed Products/Tonneau Cover accessories for 2022 Honda Ridgeline | BKHonda (bkhondaparts.com)
My buddy that had a 2017 RL swears he got his cover for $750 + tax at the local dealership back in 2017.
Now the same dealer wants $1150+ tax.

· Registered
2,323 Posts
My buddy that had a 2017 RL swears he got his cover for $750 + tax at the local dealership back in 2017.
Now the same dealer wants $1150+ tax.
I think in 2020 the OEM was $1100; maybe $1050. (edit: just searched email, and list price was $995 in 2020) I was very surprised that my dealer matched the BK deal then, but it was June/July 2020, when many businesses were desperate to get the cash flowing, so maybe that's why (not that my $700 would keep the lights on long, lol).

· Registered
235 Posts
I think in 2020 the OEM was $1100; maybe $1050. (edit: just searched email, and list price was $995 in 2020) I was very surprised that my dealer matched the BK deal then, but it was June/July 2020, when many businesses were desperate to get the cash flowing, so maybe that's why (not that my $700 would keep the lights on long, lol).
Back in 2014-15 and all the way to 2020 dealers were selling vehicles and parts for 15-20% under MSRP.
All negotiations were starting at 10% below MSRP and most of the salesmen were making $100 per unit.

· Registered
710 Posts
After doing TONS of research I ended up going with a NM cover on my 2022. Why? It was too cheap not to try. Not considering price, compared to other options its a decent cover, especially with some mods.

Considering price, its the bargain of the century.

Mine is now functionally water tight, it looks great, opens to allow full use of bed and trunk, its light and easy to install. It does flap a little, but that can be mitigated with some mods. Security is low but that's what the trunk is for. If security is a concern, then a soft cover wont even be an option for you. If you're considering a soft rolling cover, it should be on your list.

· Registered
2 Posts
My money has always gone to the Bakflip MX4 cover. Expensive as hell to be sure, but great quality, seamless fit and ability to open and close tailgate without releasing are key. I have always modified the opening pull cables with some kind of "handle" and usually ended up with some climbing cord looped around the cable with a small 4-5" piece of PVC pipe (painted black) as the handle. Does take a little bit of bed length out of the equation, but for the couple times a year that might be an issue...meh.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts