Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the trans issue fixed over a year ago and had not seen it reappear until I had to have the fuel injectors replaced about 2 months ago due to another TSB discussed here. Has anyone had the trans issue pop up again after having the fuel injectors replaced? I haven't contacted the Honda service folks yet, but just trying to educate myself first. Thanks.

·
Administrator
15,159 Posts
Feed us some more information! :)

I see from searching your previous posts that you have a 2017 RTS FWD.

Were you towing when the transmission overheated last time or this time? If so, how much?

Do you know if the dealer performed a software update or only replaced the fluid?

How many miles have you traveled since the transmission issue was "fixed"?

At more than 82K miles now, the transmission is no longer covered by the 5/60 powertrain warranty or 8/80 warranty extension for torque converter clutch judder.

If your transmission is faulty and Honda won't cover it under goodwill, I'd suggest replacing the fluid and selling it to someone you don't like.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for being unclear.....yes, its a 2017 RTS with ~ 84K miles. The problem I have started to see again is the bouncing tac and 'shudder' when at low rpms. It goes away when you accelerate and raise the rpms. It is very subtle. This is something I encountered over a year ago and I had fixed under a TSB...the number escapes me. The fix involved draining the trans fluid, twice I believe, and a software update. The problem went away and reappeared after I had the repair done recently where my 'check emissions system' light would come on and stay on for long periods. That too was a TSB and required my having the fuel injectors replaced.

I have not spoken with the Honda dealership yet as I wanted to see if anyone else had a recurrence of the first issue after it had been repaired, and especially if anything they did with replacing the fuel injectors would have potentially caused the issue to reappear.

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
Transmissions in Highlanders, Ascents, and Ridgelines are failing at significant rates. Maybe they are too complicated, or maybe the engineers are to blame, or maybe the bean counters, or maybe the assemblers, or maybe the government (CAFE standards), or maybe the consumer. Not a good omen for the auto industry in general.

Caught me on a bad day - the head unit in our 2018 Subaru Outback just went totally dark (no radio, navigation, back-up camera, etc). I told my wife to just slap me if I ever attempt to perform a software update on a vehicle or computer that is working properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts