Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving with the headlights on the other day my wife noticed that there was a red glow showing on the floor on the front passenger side. Just bright enough to see some detail of stuff on the floor.
I don’t remember reading anything about it in the owner’s manual so it has me curious as to what purpose it might serve.

· Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
9,156 Posts
Do you have the BE of the Ridgeline? It provides more of a "cool" factor than actual purposeful lighting.

Reactions: AndrewHorse

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe @bwdbrn1 has a 2020 Sport based on another post and I've read reports that some Sports came with red footwell lighting even though it wasn't mentioned by Honda.
Yeah, I should have said which model it is. Yep, it’s a 2020 Sport that I’ve had for just a few weeks and still learning about its features that are so advanced compared to the 2003 Tundra it replaced. That ambient lighting under the dash must be one of them. Thanks guys.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine has that too. I figure it’s there so you din’t have to poke around too much to find the buttons for the Homelink garage door buttons. It blinks when you push the button to open or close the door I guess to let you know it’s talking to your door.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven’t yet driven when it was really dark out, just dark enough down at the floor to notice the glow. Guess I’ll have to check it out to see if there is any of the other subtle lighting effects you folks have mentioned.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven’t yet driven when it was really dark out, just dark enough down at the floor to notice the glow. Guess I’ll have to check it out to see if there is any of the other subtle lighting effects you folks have mentioned.
Nope, just the glow under the dash on the passenger side. Since I rarely drive at night, but I’m an early riser, I went out to the garage to see what lit up. Have to say, all the control buttons are kind of pretty when back lit.

· Registered
2020 Sport AWD
294 Posts
The 2020 sport has red ambient lighting coming from the overhead console as well as in the driver and passenger footwells. One of the first things I noticed as I drove mine new off the lot in the evening.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts