Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
this is silly.. they test z71, TRD, and Power Wagon custom packages designed for offroad with the other manufacturers, why don't they do a JSport package available through the dealerships to test this on offroad?!

Can't complain too much though, it clearly did very well with street tires and I'm happy with the results.. he should have had it in sand mode the entire time and he wouldnt have had to do a second go at the final test.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
... they test z71, TRD, and Power Wagon custom packages designed for offroad with the other manufacturers, why don't they do a JSport package available through the dealerships to test this on offroad?!...
Probably because no dealer will lend them a Ridgeline Chase for free (or maybe not at all), and Honda has provided a complimentary BE for testing with TFLT promising not to abuse it. But like you, I would really like to see the Jsport guys take an RL Chase off-roading because I think it would do very well with the larger AT tires and slightly-lifted front end.

Still, this stock RL earned some significant bragging rights on Gold Mine Hill. Kudos to Honda! BTW, I heard Nathan say he had it in "Sand" mode before he made the first attempt at that pitched hole that took two tries to conquer.

·
Administrator
16,069 Posts
Is that a steering creak I hear when he turns the wheel to the right at 3:52? It sounds a lot like what I hear in mine at parking lot speeds.

Oh, those scratches at 5:43. Ouch.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Probably because no dealer will lend them a Ridgeline Chase for free (or maybe not at all), and Honda has provided a complimentary BE for testing with TFLT promising not to abuse it. But like you, I would really like to see the Jsport guys take an RL Chase off-roading because I think it would do very well with the larger AT tires and slightly-lifted front end.

Still, this stock RL earned some significant bragging rights on Gold Mine Hill. Kudos to Honda! BTW, I heard Nathan say he had it in "Sand" mode before he made the first attempt at that pitched hole that took two tries to conquer.
A truly awesome opportunity for JSport guys to step it up for this crew in a very public forum if they can get Honda to approve the upgrades.

·
Registered
258 Posts
....he should have had it in sand mode the entire time and he wouldnt have had to do a second go at the final test.
Looking at the way the front bumper was hard up against the sand at 5:05, I don't think any mode could have moved it forward -- and, to be fair, he did admit that the failure on the first attempt was "driver error." At least he didn't get an over-temp warning this time, while creeping along in fits and starts (3:22-3:45).

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just watched it and it did as good as i thought it would. Most mid-size truck buyers dont even do that with there trucks, its nice to know my RL can, even on stock tires.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
it seems to me they HAD to fail on the first attempt. Knowing it has ground clearance limitations, why would you head for the deepest part? When off roading, I would go for the BEST line, not the worst.

·
Registered
269 Posts
it seems to me they HAD to fail on the first attempt. Knowing it has ground clearance limitations, why would you head for the deepest part? When off roading, I would go for the BEST line, not the worst.

It makes for good YouTube... otherwise it would have been a yawner!!! We all knew it would make it, even Nathan said so. Yet it makes a good video if you first fail and then you conquer!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts