Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
I know this is a hot button for some. Many like to have a 'hole' or no spoke at the bottom 6:00 postion for holding the wheel one handed.

As for me though, I gotta say I love the steering wheel. I think it has a luxury car look and feel. It is a very well laid out design as far as the buttons go, the Leather feels just right, and the 3 spoke design isn't a problem for me.

But I understand what you are saying. The Civic wheel is a winner. That car in every way is a Detroit killer. I don't see how Detroit or any other company can compete against it in the small car market. I predict it will be MT Car of the year............EASILY next year.

BTW, once again, Honda has put voice acitvate navi in another vehicle that the rest of the world dosen't think needs it. I am glad.

fins
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,043 Posts
I sat in the 2006 Civic while waiting for service on my Ridgeline. It's one heck of a package. A hands-down winner of a small car.

Just leave my Ridgeline wheel alone. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
Ugh! I hate the new Civics! They look too much like GM products - cheap ones at that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
fins2theright said:
I know this is a hot button for some. Many like to have a 'hole' or no spoke at the bottom 6:00 postion for holding the wheel one handed.

As for me though, I gotta say I love the steering wheel. I think it has a luxury car look and feel. It is a very well laid out design as far as the buttons go, the Leather feels just right, and the 3 spoke design isn't a problem for me.

But I understand what you are saying. The Civic wheel is a winner. That car in every way is a Detroit killer. I don't see how Detroit or any other company can compete against it in the small car market. I predict it will be MT Car of the year............EASILY next year.

BTW, once again, Honda has put voice acitvate navi in another vehicle that the rest of the world dosen't think needs it. I am glad.

fins
The Civic is the 2006 Motor Trend car of the year. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Kellcut said:
The Civic is the 2006 Motor Trend car of the year. :)
Oh my, I just had to look it up. You are right. Thanks for letting me know that! I hadn't heard anything. Apparently, my MT subscription is late getting to me or something.

Doesn't surprise me. Next up............MT Truck of the year. :rolleyes: I think we all know what the winner will be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
About the only thing I didn't like about the Ridgeline was the 4 point steering wheel. I still can't figure out why they didn't use a 5 point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
That was the only gripe I had with my RL. I drove a 2005 Civic prior and always held the steering wheel at the 6:00 position...took some getting used to in the RL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
agreed. I'm always grabbing for the bottom of the wheel with my left hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
The bottom of the steering wheel is the most unsafe place to drive one handed (not the safest anyway) as it severly limits your ability to turn in one direction (depending on which hand you use) without removing your hand from the wheel. Makes emergency manuvers very difficult.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,982 Posts
I dunno....maybe it's just me....but I really like the steering wheel in the RL. It feels good, solid, and it's actually an attractive piece of hardware.

I think you guys are just a bunch of whiners.........:D

(Just Kidding! :) )
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I love the steering wheel.

And besides, what happen to driving 10 and 2? The roads will very empty because we will all be walking should they decide to start doing yearly drivers tests, myself included. I drive with my hand in the bottom left. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
LadyRidge said:
I love the steering wheel.

And besides, what happen to driving 10 and 2? :
Actually I think I read somewhere that they're teaching 4 o'clock & 8 o'clock for your hands now to keep them out of the way of the air bags.
And besides......I've heard that the steering wheels in the RED ones are much more comfortable ;) :D ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
It's funny because I love the new Civic but the only thing I don't like is the wheel! I really like the Ridgeline wheel except the silver trim always smudges and I have to constantly clean it. I'm sure like any of Honda's redesigns the wheel in the civic will eventually grow on me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
fins2theright said:
Oh my, I just had to look it up. You are right. Thanks for letting me know that! I hadn't heard anything. Apparently, my MT subscription is late getting to me or something.

Doesn't surprise me. Next up............MT Truck of the year. :rolleyes: I think we all know what the winner will be.
And actually, both the Civic & Ridgeline are finalists for the North American Car/Truck of the Year!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top