Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fall into that category of being a guy who doesn't really need a truck, I just wanted to have one for those few times a year when you wish you had one.

Currently I would NEVER buy any brand new truck (and until they make one that gets 30mpg on regular gas I won't be buying one) .

I was driving a minivan I couldn't stand when I bought my Ridge (I had let my wife get the "new car" after totalling my previous vehicle) and her new CRV was getting serviced.

In 06 I had fallen in love with the RL when it made Truck of the Year and it won multiple midsize truck comparison tests. However, it's cost at the time was prohibitive (I briefly had an 05 Dakota that I quickly took back to Carmax in 06 because of extremely low MPGs).

However, when I saw a good looking 06 Ridgeline RTL with sunroof at the Honda dealership in late 2012 (that was cheap enough to trade for without incurring a payment) I did a double take.

All the other used Ridges had high prices, this high mileage one didn't. After finding the ROC and researching the truck I realized the high miles weren't an issue so I took the plunge.

I bought the truck January 2013. Despite new tires, new brakes all around, new CV boots, a new axle, and several other small repairs (many I was able to do myself) I am still happy with my purchase 3 years later.

It is roomy, has a great ride, great handling. It's relatively high MPG and the occasional repair (It had almost 130,000 miles when I got it, something was going to go wrong ) isn't really an issue because it is paid for.

I plan on driving this truck till the wheels fall off (or the engine or trans fails) . My next vehicle will likely be sporty 2wd model, but I will still keep my truck! It is still worth more to me than I can ever get on a trade, and it still runs great!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I fall into that category of being a guy who doesn't really need a truck, I just wanted to have one for those few times a year when you wish you had one.
It is roomy, has a great ride, great handling. It's relatively high MPG and the occasional repair (It had almost 130,000 miles when I got it, something was going to go wrong ) isn't really an issue because it is paid for.

I plan on driving this truck till the wheels fall off (or the engine or trans fails) . My next vehicle will likely be sporty 2wd model, but I will still keep my truck! It is still worth more to me than I can ever get on a trade, and it still runs great!
Excellent to hear! My third anniversary is coming up in about 3 months and I feel the same way. All around, I just love driving the Ridge, it looks good and provides the safety/versatility that I wanted. Ill probably still have mine when Gen III comes out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts