Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a good night's rest, I woke up this morning with thoughts of the past weekend. I have come to the following conclusions:

1. The RL is a super truck and Gary's presentation confirms the fact.
2. The ROCer's are great people.
3. Dury's is a super hotel, and the free beer ain't bad.:)
4. St Louis is a big town.
5. Tom, Julie, and associates did a bang up job.
6. Garmin makes a great tool. Without it I would still be looking for the hotel.
7. Bud makes a lot of beer.:)
8. ROCheads drink a lot of beer.:cool:
9. Kiddie pools can serve several purposes.
10. Yankees are not really bad people, I like them.
11. After crossing the Ohio, Mississippi, and Misouri rivers 2 times, I wonder how the West ever got settled.:confused:
12. Only one person enjoyed the event more than I. My wife.
13. Finally, when can we do it again?

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time, "25". Meets are a fun time, I enjoy them as well.

If you're looking for another, the Long Island Meet is in about 9 weeks. Come and enjoy some of that NY hospitality! :D

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
12. Only one person enjoyed the event more than I. My wife.
13. Finally, when can we do it again?
Ditto on the above - I am ready to do it again. - maybe a "grand ole opry" roc meet?

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ditto on the above - I am ready to do it again. - maybe a "grand ole opry" roc meet?
Quote, not a bad idea. BTW, you will need a GPS inside Opryland Hotel. This is one more big hotel!:eek:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Quote, not a bad idea. BTW, you will need a GPS inside Opryland Hotel. This is one more big hotel!:eek:
Seriously, I once got lost in the Opryland Hotel.

I'd vote for Nashvegas in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As a matter of fact, I had just consumed a Jack Daniels beer before I got lost. In retrospect, I should've had a Milwaukee's Best ;)
That must have been several years ago. No JD beer in several years. From the taste, I would imagine they poured it back in the horse. I still have 4 bottles, the date on them is 1995. BTW, in St. Louis, I think I was the only one drinking a major domestic beer, Miller Lite. Never heard of the other brews consumed.:confused:

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
BTW, in St. Louis, I think I was the only one drinking a major domestic beer, Miller Lite. Never heard of the other brews consumed.:confused:
On Saturday night, jpphoto reportedly brought some Bud products, but I didn't see them.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
At one point, ChrisM and I cornered the marketing guy (from CA, sorry, don't remember his name) about getting the Ridge out there more. It came down to showing the Ridge in commercials on how "tough" it is. Some things that were mentioned:
1) Show the rock-drop tests in a commercial with side-by-side with competitors. This will be very entertaining
2) Show the Ridge doing a slalom course against competitors.
3) Show how the frame is 2.5x stiffer than a traditional frame and what that means.
4) Show the versatility of the trunk with 4 people and luggage and then have them throw 10 sheets of plywood in the bed after that.

·
5,741 Posts
At one point, ChrisM and I cornered the marketing guy (from CA, sorry, don't remember his name) about getting the Ridge out there more. It came down to showing the Ridge in commercials on how "tough" it is. Some things that were mentioned:
1) Show the rock-drop tests in a commercial with side-by-side with competitors. This will be very entertaining
2) Show the Ridge doing a slalom course against competitors.
3) Show how the frame is 2.5x stiffer than a traditional frame and what that means.
4) Show the versatility of the trunk with 4 people and luggage and then have them throw 10 sheets of plywood in the bed after that.

#4 would make an excellent commerical.

The opening shot is a dressed up couple picking up a second couple for a night out town because it is the wifes birthday. The driver tells the couple in back that he has to run an errand on the way to the restaraunt. They stop by the lumber yard where a forklift loads 10 full sheets of plywood. They then drive off to a relatives house where they drop off the plywood and the truck is unloaded. They have a surprize party for the wife at the relatives house and the husband/driver produces a huge birthday cake out of the trunk after the lumber is unloaded.

The caption at the bottom of the screen could read. Regular driver on an open everyday course. Please try this at home.

Brilliant !!

·
Registered
3,656 Posts

Love the term Nashvegas. very appropriate :D :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Actually, for commercial entertainment, I should bring a camera when we take both kids back to college in a few weeks. The parents go nuts packing stuff, some even rent moving trucks.... the looks we get when we pop open that trunk are priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard.:)

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Missed one....

# 5.) Running the trunk through the dunk tank...

Better how about running a obstacle coarse against the competitors side by side.... 1st pick up rocks... dumped in.. run the slalom coarse with rocks... then through the dunk tank....

:)

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
#4 would make an excellent commerical.

The opening shot is a dressed up couple picking up a second couple for a night out town because it is the wifes birthday. The driver tells the couple in back that he has to run an errand on the way to the restaraunt. They stop by the lumber yard where a forklift loads 10 full sheets of plywood. They then drive off to a relatives house where they drop off the plywood and the truck is unloaded. They have a surprize party for the wife at the relatives house and the husband/driver produces a huge birthday cake out of the trunk after the lumber is unloaded.

The caption at the bottom of the screen could read. Regular driver on an open everyday course. Please try this at home.
Ya know, you two should start a marketing company! That is an absolutely brilliant concept for what would be a stunningly effective commercial. Honda should definitely pick up on this one and reward each of you with the Honda "motorized accessory" of your choice (motorcyle, ATV, jet ski)! :cool: :D

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
You mean it's better than Branson, MO?

Branson is a bit more central than Opryville, eh?
I'd be coming from Colorado.

I'm planning on coming if we can make it a vacation hotpot for my Mrs.

They won't let me go to Branson, because I don't own matching white belt & shoes... :D

·
Registered
289 Posts

The Opryland hotel is one HUGE hotel. I think they have over 2000 guest rooms and an unbelievable number of other things under one roof. They even have a canal that meanders through it. For a small fee, one can occupy a space on one of their boats and float the canal. It is very easy to get lost in the hotel. The riverboat 'General Jackson' also makes daily cruises up and down the Cumberland River. A ROC meet in Nashville would be cool as there is plenty to do. :)

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Maybe we need a couple of polls - one for distance to Branson, MO in 250 mile increments and a yes I would come or no I would not come,
then one for Nashville, TN , and there was some requests for Lost Wages, NV

1-250
251-500
501-1000
1001-1500
1501-2000
2001-2500
more than 2501 miles

yes I would come
no I would not come

Just a thought on what to do.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
They won't let me go to Branson, because I don't own matching white belt & shoes... :D
Ditto, gave those to Goodwill when I moved from Wichita in '66! Plus, once went to spend a long, holiday weekend in Branson a few years back. Found it so congested and boring (the world's largest collection of has-been artists and tacky souvenir shops) that I left early the first morning and spent the rest of the weekend in Eureka Springs, AR.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts