Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Maybe we need a couple of polls - one for distance to Branson, MO in 250 mile increments and a yes I would come or no I would not come, then one for Nashville, TN , and there was some requests for Lost Wages, NV

Just a thought on what to do.
We had a somewhat serious discussion about RidgeRun 2008 at Saturday night's "late night crew" gathering in the wee hours (1-3am) before we all ran out of steam. Tom (T-Mac) received some good feedback and suggestions and will be doing investigation of the alternatives as soon as he gets caught up from this one. His plan is to check out various locations and then share the options with the rest of the ROC. Very good chance that there'll be both East and West gatherings and, possibly, that they'll be considerably larger than St. Louis.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The Opryland hotel is one HUGE hotel. I think they have over 2000 guest rooms and an unbelievable number of other things under one roof. They even have a canal that meanders through it. For a small fee, one can occupy a space on one of their boats and float the canal. It is very easy to get lost in the hotel. The riverboat 'General Jackson' also makes daily cruises up and down the Cumberland River. A ROC meet in Nashville would be cool as there is plenty to do. :)
Very expensive also, I have been lost a few times, inside and in the parking lot also. It is within a few steps of Opry Mills Mall and Bass Pro Shops. The atrium is really great with the river, fountains, music, etc. This time of year I prefer the mountains. Chritmas time is the best time to visit Opryland Hotel, the decorations are otta sight.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Maybe we need a couple of polls - one for distance to Branson, MO in 250 mile increments and a yes I would come or no I would not come,
then one for Nashville, TN , and there was some requests for Lost Wages, NV
A poll for what? a regular meet or the national meet?

If you are referring to the 2008 National meet, hang tight. All will be revealed when the time is right.

If a weekend meet in the near future, then heck yeah, that's a great idea.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I would have never taken you for a white shoes and belt guy.
Look at his truck - everything is white. I expected that!!!

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
A poll for what? a regular meet or the national meet?

If you are referring to the 2008 National meet, hang tight. All will be revealed when the time is right.

If a weekend meet in the near future, then heck yeah, that's a great idea.
I was thinking a weekend macro meet. see how many trucks we can get together, somewhere where our spouces / significant others would go with us or allow us to go. I was hoping to keep drive time to 10 hour or less each way.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I was thinking a weekend macro meet. see how many trucks we can get together, somewhere where our spouces / significant others would go with us or allow us to go. I was hoping to keep drive time to 10 hour or less each way.

Larry, think mountains, Smokies or Blue Ridge. Too hot for flat land stuff!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Very expensive also, I have been lost a few times, inside and in the parking lot also. It is within a few steps of Opry Mills Mall and Bass Pro Shops. The atrium is really great with the river, fountains, music, etc. This time of year I prefer the mountains. Chritmas time is the best time to visit Opryland Hotel, the decorations are otta sight.
25YHO, it's true. By far the best time to visit the Opryland Hotel is around Christmas. It's amazing how well they decorate that place.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I dont know what the big deal is about the rocks. Its a truck what do you guys use it for?
The big deal about the rocks is that when dumped into the bed of the RL, it doesn't dent the bed, only puts a few scratches on it. If a similar load of rocks were to be dumped into the bed of any other pickup, there would not only be scratches but huge dents. By the way, nice load of wood. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
For the next meet... what about Austin, San Antonio or Dallas-Fort Worth. The "Hill Country" north of San Antonio is BEAUTIFUL! Not to mention the Devil's Back Bone (a stretch of highway) is really fun to drive! As a bonus, RLs of any color look great against the very scenic backdrop.

Just my $.02

Devon

21 - 30 of 30 Posts