Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
It looks so small, almost like a station wagon!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
What is up with the Honda Sprocket?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I saw this car at the Manchester Honda two weeks ago!! Very sharp (kids car). :)

·
Registered
993 Posts
denvrfan said:
Thank your lucky stars that reality did not include a GM-manufactured engine.
I guess Honda just decided to use a former GM engineer (Gary Flint) to design the Ridgeline instead of the GM engine. If they used that GM engine I wouldn't have bought it period.

Honda supplies the engine for the GM Saturn Vue. There was supposed to be some kind of trade between the companies. It wasn't clear what Honda got in return. Mabey they were planning on using the GM engine, but just decided in the end it wasn't up to spec after testing their own V6 in the RL. you have to wonder.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Perhaps it will be a jointly designed V-8?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ridge said:
Honda supplies the engine for the GM Saturn Vue. There was supposed to be some kind of trade between the companies. It wasn't clear what Honda got in return.
Did they get OnStar for some of the Acura cars?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
How interesting to see this thread, I was on the GM site last night looking for vehicles that my partner may be interested in to replace his 99 subaru forester and saw these two cars from gm's european line-up, one is the Ute that has been around for a while and the other is the Holden. They look a lot like the Honda in this threads connection.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Perhaps it will be a jointly designed V-8?
What could GM possibly contribute to the partnership? A couple extra rods and pistons? :D

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Ridge said:
There was supposed to be some kind of trade between the companies. It wasn't clear what Honda got in return.
Um, money maybe? :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
djeaux said:
Um, money maybe? :D
According to all the business shows I have been hearing, GM doesn't have a lot of money to spare these days.......

·
Registered
993 Posts
It's really disconcerting that Honda would even entertain the idea of using a GM engine. Thankfully they came to their senses, so all is forgiven. I doubt that idea would have even been voiced if Mr. Honda was still president as well as the whole unfortunate honda Passport incident. They should know that above all else, Honda needs to produce their products in house.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I thought they already had a car/truck like that. Yeah they do its called a "Subaru Baja":D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts