Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just a reminder that next Sunday, 8/21 will be our ROC meet here in Sedona, Arizona! The meeting will be at:

Brooklyn Cafe (Bell Rock Inn)
6246 Hwy. 179
Sedona, AZ 86351
(928) 282-4161

I KNOW WE CAN BEAT THE RECORD OF SIX!!

Please, Let's get some FIRM commitments.

If anyone needs directions, has questions, etc., email me at [email protected]

There's plenty of off road locations and it makes for great scenic shots with your RL's no matter what color you have! And the weather is cooling off so it should make for a great day!

·
Registered
84 Posts
The time, once again, is...........

We are going to make the best Ridgeline photographs ever. Honda will hire us for their next advertisement campaign.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry Meanmachine..............but I've got a golf tournament that morning. I won't be able to make it.

I'm sorry...........

Chicago

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, forgot to mention the time....it will be at 12 noon! Figure we'd all grab a bite then go take some great pics and stuff!

See you there at noon!!

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Hey Meanmachine, I wish I could hang with you guys. I love Sedona! It's :cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
If I drive from California, can I crash the meet? :) My RL might be a bit dusty, not mention buggy, so you might have to exclude it from the photos.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tim, absolutely! Any RL is welcome, bugs, dents, leaks and all!! Just because it's in Arizona doesn't mean its only for Arizonans. Was hoping someone from out of state would make it! (Come on Vegas gang.....)

May wanna check out hotel rates at Bell Rock Inn....rates are not too bad right now around Sedona.... Hope to see you there!! :D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ridgepol, 80% is great odds! I think we will have a really good turnout with current and future ROC members. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
311 Posts
meanmachine19 said:
Tim, absolutely! Any RL is welcome, bugs, dents, leaks and all!! Just because it's in Arizona doesn't mean its only for Arizonans. Was hoping someone from out of state would make it! (Come on Vegas gang.....)

May wanna check out hotel rates at Bell Rock Inn....rates are not too bad right now around Sedona.... Hope to see you there!! :D
It's a fourteen hour drive from San Jose to Sedona without stopping. I once did Los Angeles to Seattle straight without stopping, which was 19 hours. That said, I'm a bit older and (hopefully) wiser now. But I'm still seriously tempted. :eek: Let me sleep on it and see if I can make a committment. I've been itching to go to a meet ever since I caught wind that we have them.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Do you really want to hear all of us right-coasters bashing you guys for not beating the record? You MUST attend. The challenge is on. :)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Shovelhd for the reminder/challenge!

Coming out of a restaurant tonight I saw a silver RL. Of course, I was driving my wife's Ody since she insisted on having a 'turn' with my RL. :mad:

So I had no ROC brochures to leave on the car. As I was about to get a piece of paper, the owners came out and we spoke for 20 minutes. I told them about the ROC and the AZ meet on Sunday. They were visiting Sedona from Anthem (northern end of Phoenix) and they said they would be there Sunday!! And they would be checking out the site as well!

So, another commitment! Those of you who are still thinking about it, time to stop thinking and make those weekend plans. I can't tell you how exciited I am to meet everyone.

So Delrio, Delphi 7x10, DesertRidge, you guys could put us into double digits!! And then we can show those east coasters ;) how to have a real ROC Meet!
New members Francois and Arizona Ridgeliner are definites, as are myself and Big_Baller_Honda. And Francois is contacting two other RL owners (future ROC members ;) ) so.....let's shoot for 10!!!!

Let's do the right-coasters proud!! See you all on Sunday (weather is supposed to be great!!)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Ahart! From southern CA it's about a 7 hour drive (about what it took me to go to San Diego last year and Los Angeles a few years ago).

You would really enjoy it here, especially if you've never been to Sedona. Even Methodtim is considering it (and he's from San Jose!)

I picked up a few U.S. Forest Service maps for those that want to go sight seeing afterwards. Some awesome scenery and trails. The meeting place has a small parking lot so I figure we could grab a bite to eat, talk, then go take pics!

Still haven't heard from any of the Las Vegas gang! We could make it a tri-state meeting! It's only 4 1/2 -5 hour drive from Las Vegas so think about it gang!

If anyone has any questions, email me at : [email protected]

Look forward to seeing all of you on Sunday!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Folks !

I will definately be at the ROC Meet in Sedona tomorrow ! Am looking forward to seeing once again, such fabulous scenery ! That alone is worth the trip.

I understand there will be Eight of us there. In a year or two that number could well be 80, or maybe 800... Well, it could happen ! It's such a great truck.

See you there !!!

MIKE.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Look forward to seeing everyone today in Sedona. The weather will be great!
Yesterday I met another RL owner (red!) who lives in Sedona area. Gave him a brochure on ROC and told him about the meet, so looks like he will be there too! We could very well have at least one of every color there today!

Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement. And for those that could not make it today, We will see you on the next meet!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts