Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Do you mind sending the link for all of the equipment you use or nescesary for the install and can you still use the oem key fob to remote start the truck? Do you have to pay for subscription as well? Thank you for your time
See post #1 for the links. You only need 3 things. If you want to control the truck from your phone, yes, you need a subscription. I bought a 3-year GPS enabled plan for around $7/month after discounts. To me, it is well worth the money and cheap compared to what other manufacturers charge for their apps that enable control over their vehicles. Audi wanted $300 a year for their app. Others like Subaru are at $150/year. So, for me, $85/year is peanuts!

·
Registered
22 Sports. Jsport lift kit front and rear installed by Jsport, HPD grill
18 Posts
See post #1 for the links. You only need 3 things. If you want to control the truck from your phone, yes, you need a subscription. I bought a 3-year GPS enabled plan for around $7/month after discounts. To me, it is well worth the money and cheap compared to what other manufacturers charge for their apps that enable control over their vehicles. Audi wanted $300 a year for their app. Others like Subaru are at $150/year. So, for me, $85/year is peanuts!
Thank you. and you mentioned that let Crutchfield do the activation of the drone instead of self-activation? Is it after you received the device then call Crutchfield to activate it? or before they even ship the device?

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you. and you mentioned that let Crutchfield do the activation of the drone instead of self-activation? Is it after you received the device then call Crutchfield to activate it? or before they even ship the device?
Yes...do NOT do the self-activation as there are things an authorized dealer (like Crutchfield) needs to activate that you cannot do during a self-activation. Once you receive the Drone, you will call Crutchfield and ask for Shay in Tech Support who does all of the Drone programming. He will need the units serial number. It takes about 10 minutes and then you will get a link to create your account in the app on your phone so you can now control your truck. Super nice guy and you'll be very happy with the equipment. I will also be more than happy to help you with your install should you want it related to all involved to wire it, install it and get everything all buttoned up. PM me if you ever you want to talk via cell and I'll share my cell number with you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Do you mind sending the link for all of the equipment you use or nescesary for the install and can you still use the oem key fob to remote start the truck? Do you have to pay for subscription as well? Thank you for your time
You need 4 things....

• Evo-One by Fortin
  • T-harness (thar-one-hon8) by Fortin to make it 99.5% plug and play install. The .5% is because you have to connect one wire to your parking lights.
  • Flash Link Updater - so you can update or program the Evo-One. If you can borrow one, there's no need to buy it since you will maybe use it a couple time only.
  • Linkr-LT2 by Omega - so you can use your cell phone to do the RS. You can also see where you parked your truck by using the GPS feature on the app. There is an annual fee of $30, which is cheap comparable to what the dealer charges.

That's it

More info below...

As far as the Linkr, I got one from ebay and 2 from Amazon.

I have the same system setup on my Odyssey and Fit. Make sure to get the t-harness to make the install 98% plug and play.

I use the OE remote, my phone or Alexa to start the truck.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

As far as the Linkr, I got one from ebay and 2 from Amazon. I have the same system setup on my Odyssey and Fit. Make sure to get the t-harness to make the install 98% plug and play.

I pay $30/year and use the OE remote, my phone or Alexa to start the truck.
And you get zero warranty...zero technical support because you bought it and installed it yourself versus from a certified dealer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
And you get zero warranty...zero technical support because you bought it and installed it yourself versus from a certified dealer.
Not true.... Fortin's support is great. When I did my 1st install. They were very helpful. Walked me through programming, etc.. I had no clue what I was doing and they were very patient. I am NOT an installer by any means and was able to do this 3x with their support.

I originally had this set-up in my Civic which I removed (before trading it in for the truck) the brain but had to wait for the t-harness for the truck to come out, it was not available in the US at the time (few months later) I got it from Shark Electronics in Toronto, Canada. Since the brain was programmed to my Civic, Fortin Support was able to assist and unlocked the brain so it can be programmed again. I was one of the first that did it and when it finally did, again great support.

As for linkr they were great too.... if I recall Linkr is the same as Omega. Both companies (Fortin and Linkr) are out of Canada.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Not true.... Fortin's support is great. When I did my 1st install. They were very helpful. Walked me through programming, etc.. I had no clue what I was doing and they were very patient. I am NOT an installer by any means and was able to do this 3x with their support.

I originally had this set-up in my Civic which I removed (before trading it in for the truck) the brain but had to wait for the t-harness for the truck to come out- it was not available in the US at the time so I got it from Sonic???? in Canada. Since the brain was programmed to my Civic, Fortin Support was able to assist and unlocked the brain so it can be programmed again. I was one of the first that did it and when it finally did, again great support.

As for linkr they were great too.... if I recall Linkr is the same as Omega. Both companies (Fortin and Linkr) are out of Canada.
Fortin now states they will provide no warranty or support unless purchased and installed through a certified dealer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I dunno..., I traded my Civic and got the truck on Sept 2020. I couldn't do the install at the time because the t-harness was not available. On Jan 2021, I was able to get the t-harness from Canada then did the install a few weeks later. During that time (inquiring about the harness and install), I had no issue with Support.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm about to purchase a Ridgeline and this seems like a great mod. Any idea which cell network this runs on? I'm asking because cell companies are beginning to shut down 3g to make room for 5g. If it runs on 3g it will basically brick.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm about to purchase a Ridgeline and this seems like a great mod. Any idea which cell network this runs on? I'm asking because cell companies are beginning to shut down 3g to make room for 5g. If it runs on 3g it will basically brick.
Both the iDatastart and Compustar can run on either AT&T or Verizon. Not a 3G platform...they are both 4G.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You need 4 things....

• Evo-One by Fortin
  • T-harness (thar-one-hon8) by Fortin to make it 99.5% plug and play install. The .5% is because you have to connect one wire to your parking lights.
  • Flash Link Updater - so you can update or program the Evo-One. If you can borrow one, there's no need to buy it since you will maybe use it a couple time only.
  • Linkr-LT2 by Omega - so you can use your cell phone to do the RS. You can also see where you parked your truck by using the GPS feature on the app. There is an annual fee of $30, which is cheap comparable to what the dealer charges.

That's it

More info below...

As far as the Linkr, I got one from ebay and 2 from Amazon.

I have the same system setup on my Odyssey and Fit. Make sure to get the t-harness to make the install 98% plug and play.

I use the OE remote, my phone or Alexa to start the truck.
Hello,

do you think this would work for 2022 ridgeline? Kinda worried to order them online and worried that I might order the wrong one from what you have. Lol.

thanks again for your time and help.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just checked Fortin's site and not available for 2022. Too soon maybe, I'm sure it's coming. I did notice that the 21 uses the same t-harness I have on my 19.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes...do NOT do the self-activation as there are things an authorized dealer (like Crutchfield) needs to activate that you cannot do during a self-activation. Once you receive the Drone, you will call Crutchfield and ask for Shay in Tech Support who does all of the Drone programming. He will need the units serial number. It takes about 10 minutes and then you will get a link to create your account in the app on your phone so you can now control your truck. Super nice guy and you'll be very happy with the equipment. I will also be more than happy to help you with your install should you want it related to all involved to wire it, install it and get everything all buttoned up. PM me if you ever you want to talk via cell and I'll share my cell number with you.
Can I self-activate until I need glasses? 😁

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good afternoon guys. I wanted to share my latest mod which allows full access to my truck via a phone app that can lock and unlock the vehicle; remote start the vehicle; and provide full Glass Break, Shock and Tilt security to your truck. It also shows you the status of your vehicles battery, your GPS location to within 3 feet; real-time status of whether your factory OEM alarm is armed/disarmed; are there any doors or the hood open; and what is the temperature of the inside of your vehicle.

The parts list is the following:

1. Firstech iDatastart control module - iDatastart CMHCXA0
2. Firstech iDatastart custom wiring harness - iDatastart ADS-THR-HA10 (CMHCXA0 module also required)
3. Firstech Drone - Firstech Drone X1-MAX-LTE

Total cost is $370.00

You can select your Drone subscription to meet your personal needs - DroneMobile | Smartphone Remote Start, Security, and GPS Tracking ; Plans & Subscriptions | Starting at $3.99/month | DroneMobile

Super easy to install...all plug-n-play without any cutting or splicing. You simple remove the right side dash end piece (just snaps off with a few clips); then remove the right section of the dash trim that extends from the door to the center console (all clips that are easy to detach). Next step is to remove 4 screw and 2 bolts that hold the entire glovebox assembly in place (took less than 5 minutes to get this out of the truck). This will expose the PCU that's above the glovebox where the iDatastart module is connected. The PCU is held onto the bracket with a clip. Push in the clip and the PCU slides off the bracket giving easy access to the wiring harnesses.

Before installing the iDatastart module, download their software and connect your module to your computer so it can be flashed with the vehicle specific data for your truck (took about 5 minutes).

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY before removing the harnesses from the PCU. Using the iDatastart T-Harness, unplug the PCU cables (2) and connect to the iDatastart and use the harness connectors to plug back into the PCU. Connect the DRONE supplied harness to your iDatastart module and that's it! Reconnect the battery and program your unit for your RL. It is compatible with all RL's 2014-2022 with push button start.

Here are a few pics:

View attachment 422537

Glovebox removed with the iDatastart module hanging freely -

View attachment 422538

Pic of the PCU on its bracket above the glovebox with plenty of room behind to hide the T-Harness -

View attachment 422539

Pic of where I mounted my DRONE module that supports the LTE cellular connection, GPS, and Shock/Glass Break and Tilt/Tow protection -

View attachment 422540

iDatastart module 3M taped and wire tied to a module located immediately to the left of the PCU above the glovebox. Perfect place and all of the wiring tucks in nicely behind the two modules -

View attachment 422541

Wiring all buttoned up and ready to reinstall the glovebox -

View attachment 422543

DRONE App Main Screen Shots in multiple pics (I removed the address data, but it will show you the physical address of your vehicle -

View attachment 422545

View attachment 422546

View attachment 422547

View attachment 422548

I think this is the best electronic mod I've done to date and, IMPO, it is an economical way to have full access to your truck via an app on your phone. Many of you may not find value based on how you use your vehicle or are willing to pay a fee for an app. However, if you travel for work (as I do), or let your spouse/kids drive your truck, it can share a ton of data and also provide you speed alerts and do geofencing as well and provide an alert if the truck leaves a certain geography.

I am happy to answer any questions and I hope you enjoyed reading this thread!
I love the concept of this but have a concern. Is it possible that if any of the aftermarket components that are added in this mod were to fail that it would prevent the vehicle from functioning properly?

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I love the concept of this but have a concern. Is it possible that if any of the aftermarket components that are added in this mod were to fail that it would prevent the vehicle from functioning properly?
No. This is all done through a T-Harness so it has an automatic bypass and only operates to throw signaling onto the Can Bus. Worst case scenario, unplugging just one connector disables the entire set-up any way.

Reactions: Happy Tom

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hello,

do you think this would work for 2022 ridgeline? Kinda worried to order them online and worried that I might order the wrong one from what you have. Lol.

thanks again for your time and help.
So now you are ordering the Fortin? Regardless, the 2021 and the 2022 are identical. You should have zero issues ordering a unit for a 2021 on a 2022 as the T-Harness and module firmware is identical. You can't screw this up!

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Just checked Fortin's site and not available for 2022. Too soon maybe, I'm sure it's coming. I did notice that the 21 uses the same t-harness I have on my 19.
They are the same as I posted above...not a single difference at all. Many companies just haven't gotten to putting the 22 on their site or having a truck to test to confirm. I can 100% assure you hat anything that works in a 21 will work in a 22.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello, did you buy additional usb wire to flash the dc3? And did you wire it to the steering column? I plugged everything but I’m only getting one red light in one side and can’t seem to program it.
Thank you for your help

Good afternoon guys. I wanted to share my latest mod which allows full access to my truck via a phone app that can lock and unlock the vehicle; remote start the vehicle; and provide full Glass Break, Shock and Tilt security to your truck. It also shows you the status of your vehicles battery, your GPS location to within 3 feet; real-time status of whether your factory OEM alarm is armed/disarmed; are there any doors or the hood open; and what is the temperature of the inside of your vehicle.

The parts list is the following:

1. Firstech DC3 control module - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079NGGNYG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2. Firstech iDatastart custom wiring harness - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/idatal...-acura-vehicles-black/6295349.p?skuId=6295349
3. Firstech Drone - Firstech Drone X1-MAX-LTE

Total cost is $280.00

You can select your Drone subscription to meet your personal needs - DroneMobile | Smartphone Remote Start, Security, and GPS Tracking ; Plans & Subscriptions | Starting at $3.99/month | DroneMobile

Super easy to install...all plug-n-play without any cutting or splicing. You simple remove the right side dash end piece (just snaps off with a few clips); then remove the right section of the dash trim that extends from the door to the center console (all clips that are easy to detach). Next step is to remove 4 screw and 2 bolts that hold the entire glovebox assembly in place (took less than 5 minutes to get this out of the truck). This will expose the PCU that's above the glovebox where the DC3 module is connected. The PCU is held onto the bracket with a clip. Push in the clip and the PCU slides off the bracket giving easy access to the wiring harnesses.

Before installing the DC3 module, download their software and connect your module to your computer so it can be flashed with the vehicle specific data for your truck (took about 5 minutes).

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY before removing the harnesses from the PCU. Using the iDatastart T-Harness, unplug the PCU cables (2) and connect to the DC3 and use the harness connectors to plug back into the PCU. Connect the DRONE supplied harness to your DC3 module and that's it! Reconnect the battery and program your unit for your RL. It is compatible with all RL's 2014-2022 with push button start.

Here are a few pics:

View attachment 422537

Glovebox removed with the iDatastart module hanging freely -

View attachment 422538

Pic of the PCU on its bracket above the glovebox with plenty of room behind to hide the T-Harness -

View attachment 422539

Pic of where I mounted my DRONE module that supports the LTE cellular connection, GPS, and Shock/Glass Break and Tilt/Tow protection -

View attachment 422540

iDatastart module 3M taped and wire tied to a module located immediately to the left of the PCU above the glovebox. Perfect place and all of the wiring tucks in nicely behind the two modules -

View attachment 422541

Wiring all buttoned up and ready to reinstall the glovebox -

View attachment 422543

DRONE App Main Screen Shots in multiple pics (I removed the address data, but it will show you the physical address of your vehicle -

View attachment 422545

View attachment 422546

View attachment 422547

View attachment 422548

I think this is the best electronic mod I've done to date and, IMPO, it is an economical way to have full access to your truck via an app on your phone. Many of you may not find value based on how you use your vehicle or are willing to pay a fee for an app. However, if you travel for work (as I do), or let your spouse/kids drive your truck, it can share a ton of data and also provide you speed alerts and do geofencing as well and provide an alert if the truck leaves a certain geography.

I am happy to answer any questions and I hope you enjoyed reading this thread!

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hello, did you buy additional usb wire to flash the dc3? And did you wire it to the steering column? I plugged everything but I’m only getting one red light in one side and can’t seem to program it.
Thank you for your help
Sent you a PM. Call my cell.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This looks great but I've checked multiple websites and none show compatibility with the G2 Ridgeline?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts