Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
This looks great but I've checked multiple websites and none show compatibility with the G2 Ridgeline?

100% compatible...several of us have done this...I was the first. Feel free to PM me if you have questions and we can chat via phone.

Reactions: aamittle

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
What did you order...you may not have seen my update? Never mind...just want to make sure you're getting the DC3. All is good! call me when you have everything and I'll walk you through the process. Do NOT activate the Drone yourself!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got my Drone & remote starter kit installed today in about an hour. Pretty simple install and it works great. For those of you contemplating this mod here is a link to the install instructions which were very straightforward: Install Guide (CM-DC3). Note: I did not make the connections to the lights, horn or hood switch. You can if you wish but this will operate fine without those connections.

Also- this is an important detail: in order to connect your remote starter to your pc for programming by USB you will need a special adapter cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FQNJ9VM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The firmware download and initial configuration process is easy to follow.

Once you have everything wired up and powered on call Crutchfield tech support and they will activate the Drone X1 over the air. Takes about 10 minutes to complete.

Thanks to @securityguy for posting up this mod and answering a few of my questions.

Good stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Got my Drone & remote starter kit installed today in about an hour. Pretty simple install and it works great. For those of you contemplating this mod here is a link to the install instructions which were very straightforward: Install Guide (CM-DC3). Note: I did not make the connections to the lights, horn or hood switch. You can if you wish but this will operate fine without those connections.

Also- this is an important detail: in order to connect your remote starter to your pc for programming by USB you will need a special adapter cable: Amazon.com

The firmware download and initial configuration process is easy to follow.

Once you have everything wired up and powered on call Crutchfield tech support and they will activate the Drone X1 over the air. Takes about 10 minutes to complete.

Thanks to @securityguy for posting up this mod and answering a few of my questions.

Good stuff!
It truly is an awesome mod and well worth the money!

·
Registered
2019 RTL awd
226 Posts
Excellent write up @securityguy. Been eyeing this mod since the initial write up and now just getting around to it. Ordered the Drone from crutchfield and am now in the process of ordering the DC3.

Just wanted to make sure that I do indeed need to order the cable that @aamittle listed? I'm assuming so, but just didn't see it listed in the original post so I wanted to confirm before dropping the money, its quite the expensive cable.

I'm curious which mobile plans you guys subscribe too? Judging by the price I'm guessing @securityguy went with the premium. I'm a bit torn because it looks like the basic does almost everything, but no GPS for added security, which is a nice perk. Any feedback on which plan you guys went with and why?

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Excellent write up @securityguy. Been eyeing this mod since the initial write up and now just getting around to it. Ordered the Drone from crutchfield and am now in the process of ordering the DC3.

Just wanted to make sure that I do indeed need to order the cable that @aamittle listed? I'm assuming so, but just didn't see it listed in the original post so I wanted to confirm before dropping the money, its quite the expensive cable.

I'm curious which mobile plans you guys subscribe too? Judging by the price I'm guessing @securityguy went with the premium. I'm a bit torn because it looks like the basic does almost everything, but no GPS for added security, which is a nice perk. Any feedback on which plan you guys went with and why?
Thanks my friend! You do need the cable to program the DC3. You can buy one, or I can send you mine...program yours and then send it back if you want. Once you do it, you never have to do it again. Just remember...DO NOT ACTIVATE YOUR DRONE!!! Let Crutchfield do it for you so that you don't lose any features. I went with the Premium Plan for 3-years. It's nice having the GPS for a few dollars more a month IMPO. If you need any help with your install or programming, PM me and I'll share my cell and walk you through it.

Reactions: Lunarmonkey

·
Registered
2019 RTL awd
226 Posts
I agree for the small difference in money it does seem worth going with the GPS. I'm looking forward to the extra range on the remote start. Here in Phoenix summers I try to use the honda remote start as far away as I can. Unfortunately sometimes I misjudge and try to far when I can't see the parking lights flash. Because there is no indication the truck is actually running I don't realize its still off until I'm right on top of it. I don't understand why honda didn't leave the parking lights on while remote started.

I appreciate the willingness to help @securityguy and I will probably be hitting you up in a couple weeks when all my parts arrive, thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm on the 30 day trial but will buy the premium subscription when the 30 days are up. I really like the idea of the GPS to keep track of my vehicle.

This setup does power on the headlights and tail lamps during a remote start so you can validate the vehicle is running. Also no need to press the start button once you get in, just depress the brake pedal for 3 seconds and the Ridgeline is ready to drive (so long as you have a keyfob with you).

·
Registered
2019 RTL awd
226 Posts
This setup does power on the headlights and tail lamps during a remote start so you can validate the vehicle is running. Also no need to press the start button once you get in, just depress the brake pedal for 3 seconds and the Ridgeline is ready to drive (so long as you have a keyfob with you).
Awesome. I wondered about how the transition happened. I don't want to admit how many times I accidentally press the shifter before the start button and the truck dies, and then I have to restart.

·
Registered
Red 2022 RTL-E
1 Posts
Hello all! Just purchased 2022 Ridgeline last week and was bummed to find out Honda doesn't provide iPhone lock/unlock feature. Question: if phone app lock/unlock is only feature I want, do I need to do the full installation described here?

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Hello all! Just purchased 2022 Ridgeline last week and was bummed to find out Honda doesn't provide iPhone lock/unlock feature. Question: if phone app lock/unlock is only feature I want, do I need to do the full installation described here?
YES!

·
Registered
2019 RTL awd
226 Posts
I successfully flashed my DC3 module. Just wanted to check on next steps, that I will hopefully be performing tomorrow. Does this sound correct?

Install T harness to PCU
Connect 2 connectors from T harness to DC3
Follow steps for DC3 programming in manual where you open doors, unlock, start the truck hold down the brake etc...
Connect Drone to DC3 with 1 connector
Call Crutchfield

After module flashing it mentioned hooking the DC3 to the truck, but then after connecting it back to my computer for "extended programming" is this necessary?

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I successfully flashed my DC3 module. Just wanted to check on next steps, that I will hopefully be performing tomorrow. Does this sound correct?

Install T harness to PCU
Connect 2 connectors from T harness to DC3
Follow steps for DC3 programming in manual where you open doors, unlock, start the truck hold down the brake etc...
Connect Drone to DC3 with 1 connector
Call Crutchfield

After module flashing it mentioned hooking the DC3 to the truck, but then after connecting it back to my computer for "extended programming" is this necessary?
Sounds good. Disconnect the truck battery BEFORE messing with the connectors on the PCU. Once the T-harness is plugged in and the PCU reconnected, reconnect the truck battery. Yes, extended programming is REQUIRED so it can learn the main key fob into the DC3. Ensure you follow the programming guide perfectly. If you have any issues, feel free to ping me.

Reactions: Lunarmonkey
41 - 54 of 54 Posts