Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm a noob to this forum and am in need of some assistance. I have installed a Python 5906P, a Directed DB3 bypass and am also using a Viper Smartstart module. Be also mindful as this same alarm setup was originally installed in my 06 Acura TL base (auto). Upon installing everything cept hood pin and hs can wires , I have door lock and unlock, and all the features per say functioning. Remote start cranks the engine but does not start the truck. My 2 way LCD remote displays "Low Tach Signal" after the 3 crank attempts. I did with door open, turn key into "on" position, within 5 seconds I held the control button, led lit up, released button and parking lights flashed. I wired from the alarm brain to the tach wire on vehicle's harness. Re-attempted to remote start and still only cranks, no start. Immobilizer does not flash during remote start but performs factory self check ie meaning it lights up and goes out when turn of key. I am only a DIY when it comes to remote start alarms. I have a schematic from Directed Electronics and have wired everything correctly. (NOTE) I have a 06 ridgeline so in the schematic, Can wires (tan and tan/blk) are not used for my vehicle. What I'm confused with the most is with the vehicle running, I can hit the remote start button, remove key and vehicle still runs in remote start mode. but if I attempt to remote start with vehicle OFF, it only cranks and no start. Any input would be helpful about now. I am attaching everything I snapshot, screensaved to help assist.
20200402_215857.jpg
20200330_224312.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If it makes a difference, my smartstart module says its a VSM450, although pictures show for vsm350, etc

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did what you have asked of me. Vehicle starts. So I assume its an immobilizer wiring issue perhaps?
that is what it sounds like. I assume you used HONDA4 firmware? If so where did you get the IMMO from? and did you use yellow/black on the red plug of the db3? is your ignition/security light cut? you may have them backwards

if lock/unlock works your cans are correct. where did you ground the unit to? I always go to pin 4 of the OBD2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that is what it sounds like. I assume you used HONDA4 firmware? If so where did you get the IMMO from? and did you use yellow/black on the red plug of the db3? is your ignition/security light cut? you may have them backwards

if lock/unlock works your cans are correct. where did you ground the unit to? I always go to pin 4 of the OBD2
Red/blue strip from vehicle connecting to orange/blk strip wire from db3. Orange/red connected to blue/red on vehicle closest to key in pic. Yellow/red connected to other side of blue/red of security iight wire. My question is, since this whole python alarm, db3 and smart start from viper was removed from my 06 acura tl into my 06 honda ridgeline, could the firmware be different? I'm assuming that I will just have to go to original installer shop and have them use their "scantool" and reprogram to see inputs from my 06 ridgeline?

Lock and unlock operates as intended also. Ground was made on metal chassis under dash behind headlight switch

·
Registered
165 Posts
same firmware, but will need to be reset, as it has the acura imm stored. if you can't get someone local to do it, you pay for shipping, i can can flash it for you. i am a directed dealer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts