Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the heated seats not turn on with the remote start? My heated steering wheel comes on, but not the seats :frown:
I'm in Vancouver and it's been about -3 degrees celsius (26 farenheit).
Does it need to be colder for seats to turn on?

· Registered
127 Posts
According to the U.S. models manual (pg. 422) the seat heaters do come on with remote start.......if the weather is "cold". Doesn't say what temp is considered cold, but I would think that 26 degrees F should do it.

· Registered
1,120 Posts
Reading between the lines, it depends on your model. Only models with heated/ventilated seats automatically come on when using the remote start feature and the temperature is low. These seats have the multi-function single switch, not the H/O/L rocker switch that non-ventilated seats have.

If you have the rocker switch, the manual doesn't say whether the heated seats come on if you leave them in the on position when you park the truck. They don't in my G1 truck with factory remote start. With it, the heater comes on, but nothing else. Turn the key on and the radio, seat heaters, wipers, etc. work.

· Registered
926 Posts
Heated seats do not come on with remote start here. Have rocker switches.

Reactions: DSERVIT

· Registered
51 Posts
I have a 2017 RLE and the first few times I used the remote the drivers front seat did get warm but then stopped working. According to the Honda website, if you have heated seats and start the vehicle with the remote and the tempature is below 40 degrees they are suppose to warm up.
I took it to my dealer when I had the vehicle inspected. He said that the tech said that the seats do not heat with the remote. When I got home I checked the website again, I called the dealer back and told him about the website. The service manager told me that the seats should heat and that this is all new to the tech and to bring the truck in. I will be bringing it in after Christmas.

· Registered
292 Posts
I have only had mine for a week so I am still figuring out what this button does... It seems that if I have the heated seats turned off when I turn it off the remote start will not heat them up. If it is toggled on, it will. Not sure if that helps.

· Registered
926 Posts
That is interesting JW. This will require more testing on my part as well. I will try pre placing the rocker switches in the on position and see what happens.

· Registered
136 Posts
That is interesting JW. This will require more testing on my part as well. I will try pre placing the rocker switches in the on position and see what happens.
That's how it is on the pilot with remote start. I'll be picking my BE up between Christmas and new years. Hopefully this is the same situation. Thankfully we are getting into the frigid part of the year to test this out. I keep my cars in the garage though so don't know if it will get under 40 in there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

· Registered
926 Posts
That's how it is on the pilot with remote start. I'll be picking my BE up between Christmas and new years. Hopefully this is the same situation. Thankfully we are getting into the frigid part of the year to test this out. I keep my cars in the garage though so don't know if it will get under 40 in there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lol my problem is I have 5 cars and only a 2 car garage. The Ridgeline won't fit. I tell you what, after having daily drivers garage kept for the last 15 years, this getting out to a frozen vehicle in the morning SUCKS!

· Registered
51 Posts
This is what I found out today. I own a 2017 RTLE and also thought my front heated seats were not working. In fact I set up an appointment with my dealer a few days after Christmas. It is 24 degrees out side today and I borrowed a heat sensor gun from a friend. Before I started the truck I checked the temp. of the front seats. Both read around 39 degrees. It was warmer than outside due to the bright sun shining on the truck. I used my remote and started the engine and let it run for 10 minutes. As soon as the engine stopped, I opened the door and checked the tem. of both seats with the heat sensor gun. The drivers seat read between 71-73 degrees and the passengers seat was 49-52 degrees. So the seats in the RTLE do heat up when using the remote, although when touching the seat with my hand you wouldn't think so. I guess I will have to cancel my dealer appointment.

· Registered
926 Posts
It's also no secret that the Honda Ridgeline seats just don't get that hot, even on high. I have other cars that will get so hot you will start sticking to the seat.

· Registered
461 Posts
As mentioned, it seems the only seats that are automatically turned on dependant of outside temp with the remote start are the heated/ventilated seats found on the Canadian models. The control is a push button that illuminates 1-3 lights depicting low/medium or high for both heated seat mode or ventilated seat mode. That being said, a toggle style such as the US models should work fine IF you set them to low or high heat before you leave the car after the previous drive. FYI, This is what the automatic control looks like on the Canadian model.

· Registered
573 Posts
As mentioned, it seems the only seats that are automatically turned on dependant of outside temp with the remote start are the heated/ventilated seats found on the Canadian models. The control is a push button that illuminates 1-3 lights depicting low/medium or high for both heated seat mode or ventilated seat mode. That being said, a toggle style such as the US models should work fine IF you set them to low or high heat before you leave the car after the previous drive. FYI, This is what the automatic control looks like on the Canadian model.

Is there a low, medium and high setting for the heating? We just have a Radio Shack rocker switch for high/low for the heat setting. Maybe it's for the ventilation?

· Registered
461 Posts
Is there a low, medium and high setting for the heating? We just have a Radio Shack rocker switch for high/low for the heat setting. Maybe it's for the ventilation?
Correct, same goes for ventilation. Unfortunately they do not allow ventilation and heating combined which I do have on my Genesis which is awesome by the way.

· Registered
42 Posts
According to the Owner's Manual -

Remote Engine Start*
While the engine is running, the vehicle will automatically precondition inside the vehicle. When it is warm outside:
• The heating and cooling system*/climate control
system* is activated in recirculation mode.
• The seat ventilation* is activated. When it is cold outside:
• The defroster is activated at a moderately warm
temperature.
• The rear defogger and door mirror heaters* are
activated.
• The seat heaters* and heated steering wheel* are
activated.

* Not available on all models

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.