Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
  • Press lock button once.
  • Then press start button on the remote and hold it for a few seconds.
  • Truck flashes the turn signals once, then flashes them 3 times to show you it's starting, it starts and then I think it flashes the lights 3 times again after that I can't recall but, it doesn't turn any running lights on. The only indication that it is running is the sound of the motor, and or the exhaust steam.
  • After 10 minutes if you don't get in, it shuts the truck off.
  • When you do get in the truck you have to hit the brake and the start button to drive.

(Also: If it's cold out it the remote start turns on the steering wheel heater if you have one, and the fan. I'm not sure of what temperature it has to be for that to activate. Once you enter the truck and hit the brake and start button it turns the fan down and you have to manually restart the steeering wheel heater if you want it on.)

easy peasy
TO add to this person's post. After running the car via. Remote Start, within the 10 min limit, you can press it again and it will refractor another 10 mins

·
Registered
35 Posts
The setting of the electronic heat seater switches is ignored during a remote start - they are supposed to come on during a remote start when it's "cold" regardless.

Many find the seat heaters to be slow and underpowered. Are you sure they're not coming on? You might have to shoot them with an IR thermometer to tell. :)
On my 2021 RL USA RTL, my dealer told me that I must first turn on the heated seat before I exit the vehicle. Then, when I turn on the truck via remote, the heater will turn on. I haven't tried it yet.

·
Administrator
20,357 Posts
Your dealer is incorrect. That applies to 2017-2019 models with rocker switches for the seat heaters. It does not apply to 2020-2022 models (or 2017-2019 Canadian Ridgelines) with pushbuttons for the seat heaters.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is it possible to reprogram the vehicle so the parking lights stay on when it running via remote start? Perhaps the dealer can do this? Living in Alaska, it's dark and cold. I've had remote starts on all my vehicles for years and they all have a visual (Usually parking lights) that stay on when remote started. I can't believe Honda decided to go the other way!

·
Registered
'17 RTL-T
46 Posts
It's not the hold button. It's the "engine start button" with an indication on it that you HOLD it to get it to function.

That arrow in a circle is indicating the engine turning over, aka starting.

/Mr Picky.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts