Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my new 2017 Ridgeline for a week now. I noticed that when I use the remote starter the fan speed comes on low and heat temp is set automatic. If I set the fan speed and temp higher before turning off the engine, when I use the remote starter again, it is back on low. I know that this fan speed for the defroster being low will never remove Ice and snow from my windshield when the tempature is in the teens. Is there any way to use the remote starter and have the fan and temp come on high. Thanks for any ideas.

· Registered
573 Posts
I know that if I set the climate control to Auto when it's cold outside, the fan speed will increase on its own as the engine temperature starts to come up a bit after I start driving. I don't know if during an auto start if the fan will increase as it sits idling after a few minutes or not.

· Registered
286 Posts
On my 15 CRV Touring the remote start was set for 72 degrees and that was all it could do. It's how they set them up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I was just reading and learning about my new remote start system today and on the G2 RL the temp is set to 72F when the remote start is used just like in your CRV. No mention of any option to change the settings in my readings.

Paul.

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
I was just reading and learning about my new remote start system today and on the G2 RL the temp is set to 72F when the remote start is used just like in your CRV. No mention of any option to change the settings in my readings.

Paul.
The amount of heat you get depends upon the length of time before you reach your RL and the temperature outside. Although I have yet to see this, some people claim that the heated steering wheel will come on automatically if it's cold enough outside. Not sure about the heated seats since they use a toggle system. If you have that feature, I would leave them on if it's cold outside and you know you're going to be remote starting.

· Registered
461 Posts
This is not "claimed" by anyone, it is fact in the manual. Temp is automatically set to 72º steering wheel heat set to on and front heated seats to on.

As for the low fan setting on start up this is normal. No sense in blowing ice cold air onto the windshield. As engine temps rise and along with it, heat for the heating system, the fan speed also increases.

· Registered
136 Posts
I have had my new 2017 Ridgeline for a week now. I noticed that when I use the remote starter the fan speed comes on low and heat temp is set automatic. If I set the fan speed and temp higher before turning off the engine, when I use the remote starter again, it is back on low. I know that this fan speed for the defroster being low will never remove Ice and snow from my windshield when the tempature is in the teens. Is there any way to use the remote starter and have the fan and temp come on high. Thanks for any ideas.
Do you have a garage that can accommodate your RL? I had a ton of junk in my garage that I recently cleared out to put my vw and my pilot inside. I bet that cook be a viable solution. I how to maintain the level of cleanliness that my garage is in. When I do eventually get my black edition I'll definitely be putting it in my garage.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
2,967 Posts
Lots of things in the manual aren't true. For example, we don't have a tailgate lock. The best information about the G2 Ridgeline comes from our gathered intelligence. I still don't even have the unabridged manual -- even though I ordered it in June. So bottom line, until I see the heated steering wheel come on by itself -- or several people corroborate it -- I'm going to feel real comfortable using words like "claimed."

· Registered
169 Posts
Lots of things in the manual aren't true. For example, we don't have a tailgate lock. The best information about the G2 Ridgeline comes from our gathered intelligence. I still don't even have the unabridged manual -- even though I ordered it in June. So bottom line, until I see the heated steering wheel come on by itself -- or several people corroborate it -- I'm going to feel real comfortable using words like "claimed."
I can confirm that the heated steering wheel does heat up when the temps gets down in the lower 40's and below. So far I have not yet noticed my heated seats turn on.. Even if I have it switched to on the seat does not warm up until I sit on it.

· Super Moderator
2,967 Posts
I can confirm that the heated steering wheel does heat up when the temps gets down in the lower 40's and below. So far I have not yet noticed my heated seats turn on.. Even if I have it switched to on the seat does not warm up until I sit on it.
Does it warm up when you turn it on manually? I can barely notice it when I do that even on the high toggle. It's a very weak heated seat. [Of course, on Canadian Ridgelines, I bet heated seats work great.]

And OK, I'm a believer about the heated steering wheel coming on after remote start when it's cold enough. That makes about five posts I've read that all agree that it does come on. I guess I should be happy that it hasn't been cold enough in the Northeast US yet for this feature to work.
:wink:

· Registered
166 Posts
When i auto start my car it seems as if the front windshiled defroster is ALWAYS on. Air is not blowing anywhere else but there. I wonder if something is wrong.
This is what should happen when you remote start as per owner's manual.
[iurl="http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=269113&d=1479155816"]
[/iurl]
Yeah but wouldent the light go on to tell me the defroster is on? Or that the headted mirror/rear defroster is on?

· Registered
169 Posts
Does it warm up when you turn it on manually? I can barely notice it when I do that even on the high toggle. It's a very weak heated seat. [Of course, on Canadian Ridgelines, I bet heated seats work great.]

And OK, I'm a believer about the heated steering wheel coming on after remote start when it's cold enough. That makes about five posts I've read that all agree that it does come on. I guess I should be happy that it hasn't been cold enough in the Northeast US yet for this feature to work.
:wink:
So far what I've noticed is that if I leave the seat warmers on manually and I remote start my truck.. When I sit on my seat it still feels cold. Once I sit on the seat then it starts to warm up. You probably wont be able to tell to much until it gets very cold out. I'm not sure if the heated seats adjusts the temps according to the temps outside but I do notice that sometimes it is hotter than some days.

· Registered
58 Posts
Same here... just the steering wheel and heat to auto. No seat warmers:-(

· Registered
173 Posts
All my experiences with auto/start heating so far:

1) Steering wheel warms up
2) Seats warm up
3) Defroster come on
4) Rear defrost appears to come on too

It's generally dark when I get up and out the door. Autostart lasts about 10 minutes which makes the interior nice and cozy if the outside temp is around 30 degrees. Seat warmer on high shuts off (even though the light is on) if left on for long periods of time (it's trying to maintain a certain temp). Switching to low will provide a nice even temperature without shutting off.

Important note: When you get in and press start after it's been autostarted, all the settings revert back to their previous setting. So if you had the AC on, it will go back to that.

Steering wheel warms up the quickest out of everything.

· Registered
173 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.