Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing a pionneer 8400bh HU + GPS + Satellite radio + rear camera + bypass + amp and sub. I read many threads here and found 98% of the answers I needed to to complete this task, so thanks ROC and ROC members.

I have one final question (hopefully). The honda wiring harness for my 2012 ridgeline has a remote wire (blue gray) and so does the HU harness. The harness instructions specify that this wire is for factory antenna , factory amp. My question is do I connect the remote wire of both harnesses together? I was under the impression that connecting the amp and bypass to the HU remote wire only would be enough.

BTW here is my harness so for:

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
I'm not families with the 2012 wiring, it may be similar to the older models except for a few changes.

There is no reason to connect it that way, the pioneer HU has its own remote wire to turn on an amp.

Don't forget to connect the blue wire on the antenna adapter to 12v switched to get better reception also (pin 2 red Honda harness, unless different than older models). And that factory remote wire may only be needed for the steering control metra axxes ( again not sure, since for the old models it's green red, not gray) and I'm not sure if you are adding a steering controll device either

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. I'll leave the remote wire on the Ridgline wiring harness loose (not connected) for now then and connect relay and amp to the remote wire from the HU as I thought.

Thanks for the heads up on the antenna. I read a good post on that last night. Will definitely power the blue antenna adapter for better reception.

Quick grounding question. Is it ok to ground off the same black wire (amp excluded of course), or is it better to connect all the black ground wires to the frame directly?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
That's what I thought. I'll leave the remote wire on the Ridgline wiring harness loose (not connected) for now then and connect relay and amp to the remote wire from the HU as I thought.

Thanks for the heads up on the antenna. I read a good post on that last night. Will definitely power the blue antenna adapter for better reception.

Quick grounding question. Is it ok to ground off the same black wire (amp excluded of course), or is it better to connect all the black ground wires to the frame directly?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Use one single point to ground HU, HD,XM boxes etc, do not use factory ground from connector ( The Axxess you can but nothing related to sound) it can affect your radio signal and you may have other issues. This is the ground I used for my HU and HD box, on the left bottom next to the glove box.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts