Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if that giant Honda "H" is drilled or just stuck on? I think the truck would look a lot cleaner without it. :-(

·
Registered
235 Posts
For what exactly?
Maybe advertising space for a general contracting company or something? I plan to put some there for my business when I buy one.
Well, on my G1 I had a University of Michigan magnet there. I plan to keep it clean for now, but would like the option in the future.

·
Administrator
16,854 Posts
There are no holes shown in the tailgate nor any fasteners shown on the parts diagram for the tailgate, so I'd say it's attached using adhesive tape like most badging these days.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I speak with some expert knowledge on the subject. There just stuck on with 3M tape. When my truck was rear-ended two years ago. The body shop purchased the rear emblems. I told them to leave them off. They're sitting on my desk at this point.

To remove them, use Dental floss. Saw through the adhesive backing. Remove the remaining residue with Goo-Gone. That's all there is to it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all! I've done a lot of de-badging with fishing line, a blow dryer and some goo-gone. I've also found in the past that manufacturer's logos were attached differently, hence my question. If it's just tape, that is indeed good news. Mine will be de-badged the first weekend I own it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The "H" emblem on the tailgate is centered with two alignment holes stamped on the panel, so there would be two open holes if the "H" is removed. The Rideline and AWD emblems are just affixed with adhesive.....I have inside knowledge with family that work in the facility....hope this helps!!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I speak with some expert knowledge on the subject. There just stuck on with 3M tape. When my truck was rear-ended two years ago. The body shop purchased the rear emblems. I told them to leave them off. They're sitting on my desk at this point.

To remove them, use Dental floss. Saw through the adhesive backing. Remove the remaining residue with Goo-Gone. That's all there is to it.
Acetone should also work if you don't own any GooGone but do have some acetone laying around.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts