Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Removed the "Foot Rest" or Dead Pedal in the Ridge Last Week..alot more leg room now

Removed the "foot rest" in my Ridge last week and am much happier. I've got quite a bit of additional leg room now. I'm only 5"11, but I had the seat all the way back before and now I don't have to do that.

My dad and I had previously taken the plastic foot cover rest off to install the Backup Camera. We were trying to find a hole(s) in the floor to run the wire. Turns out we did not need to remove the foot rest as there are plastic grommets covering the floor and we ran the wire through those.

Anyways, here are some pics if anyone is interested.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9UTe8UYCTXdbGF3cVQ3QXRMOTQ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9UTe8UYCTXdZ05HajI2elVHSFE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9UTe8UYCTXdTXlIekY1ekUtYnc/view?usp=sharing

When we put the foot rest back on, it never felt right..always wobbily and we had accidentally chipped some of the plastic off so it was an awkward feeling rest.

I've seen in one other thread that someone made a cover for where the foot rest used to be, { http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1727 }. I may try doing that. but for now the screws sticking out don't bother me (I do wear shoes or sandals when driving after all :) . My feet actually never touch the screws. It does not look great at the foot level, but I am the only one who sees it.

Lastly, I know that there are some people that have invested in a "seat extender" or "seat extension" kit. To each his own, but I don't think that's really necessary if you remove the foot rest.

Cheers!

Reactions: bulwnkl

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Re: Removed the "Foot Rest" or Dead Pedal in the Ridge Last Week..alot more leg room

Kind of looks like a hunk of junk, doesn't it? Not sure I use the rest that much anyway.
I need to check out my usage.
I would do a cover. Preferably just some soft black material that you could cut from a rubber mat, etc.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Re: Removed the "Foot Rest" or Dead Pedal in the Ridge Last Week..alot more leg room

Pulled mine off a few years ago when we bought a travel trailer. Short hops were fine, but long trips had my knee and hip in a bind. I would have preferred a dead pedal moulded into the floorboard instead of the Plastic Tower of Pain. :)

·
Registered
2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL Steel Blue Metallic
9 Posts
Thank you for this! When I was test driving ridgeline's before I bought mine I thought geez this dead pedal does not work for me! I'm 6-3. I just removed it it feels so much better. I think I'm going to go to the Pick-n-Pull down the street and cut out some gray carpet from another car and glue it into the holes left behind.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You may be able to take a piece of carpet from under the passengers, or Drivers seat. Any Grey carpet can go under the seat. That carpet would match what you are missing. Then use carpet tape. It is a double face tape. Put it down first with half of it under the carpet you have now. Then stick the new piece in place. Cut it tight enough, and you will never know it had a chunk of plastic there..

·
Registered
2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL Steel Blue Metallic
9 Posts
You may be able to take a piece of carpet from under the passengers, or Drivers seat. Any Grey carpet can go under the seat. That carpet would match what you are missing. Then use carpet tape. It is a double face tape. Put it down first with half of it under the carpet you have now. Then stick the new piece in place. Cut it tight enough, and you will never know it had a chunk of plastic there..
Thanks for the suggestion, Slantback57! I was able to get the interior code and find a match at the junk yard from an accord. I had an old roll of carpet tape. It came together nicely!

·
Administrator
17,242 Posts
Funny... My new CX-5 came without a foot rest - nothing there but carpet to get dirty and wear. Fortunately, Mazda sells an accessory foot rest that was easy to install.

IMG_1067.JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have always found that thing annoying as heck, never even occurred to me that it could be removed. Five years late but thanks for the info!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts