Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question

Can anybody confirm the number of bolts to be removed so this will come off? I have two off but it's only sliding up and down and not out...almost seems to be a third bolt holding it in.

I probably need to tap it with a deadblow...just looking for confirmation.

This is the brace behind the drivers side mudflaps.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Sorry you didn't get any replies Bogus.... if others were like me, it wasn't clear just exactly what you were talking about. After looking at your reference thread, I still don't know..... that tells you how familiar I am with lift stuff I guess (this does have to do with lifts right?)... :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dnick, there is a metal plate that is bolted to the frame of the truck on the drivers side. This plate is hidden by the drivers side front mud flap and not something you'd normally see.

From what I read, it's to help deflect the front tire in case of certain frontal crash impacts. Most ppl remove it when they have larger tires installed... in my case, I am getting bigger tires but not HUGE so I just wanted to remove the mud flaps and this brace for the install and then bring it home and see if there is any interference...... since some places won't install the tire if they see potential rubbing as it's a liability.

This impact brace has 2 real noticeable 10mm bolts on it, once you remove them, it wiggles as if it wants to come off, but doesn't fully come off. I'll have to search real good for the third bolt because I've never seen it and I get the tires tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me know it didn't make sense, I try to write my posts in a way that the general audience can read it and understand, I guess I failed this time. :)

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
I'd recommend going to Curry or Bernardi and looking for the part on the various parts manuals images. I know that part is there because it was discussed early on as a safety feature, that way the tire doesn't end up in the drivers feet in a head on collision.

·
Registered
94 Posts
HAH! thanks for this, I actually just got on here to ask WTF this was!

Glad I skimmed the top few threads :act024:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts