Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow RLers I was wondering if anyone has removed the H emblem from the front grill and if you can just pop it off with a flat screwdriver or do you need to remove the entire grill. Thanks in advance. Here's a pic of my grill.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1427560267.398134.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
It has two screws on the uprights just above the horizontal of the H. I learned that by trying to pry one off an old grille once. You may have to remove the grille? Some on here have plastidiped it in place by taping around it. It's a tight fit but you can reach from below with a stubby phillips screwdriver,

Attachments

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Just one vote, but I don't like it at all, but I'm thinking you only did that to get the general impression (won't leave that 'cover' there) ..... I'd think a flat or matte black finish (trim paint) would look good on the H. If the H will come off with no tell tale signs, it will look great w/o it as well. If it leaves behind 'witness' signs (holes, flat spots, etc.) then I'd say either paint it or go with an aftermarket grill.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Dnick thanks for your response after seeing all the pics I might have to agree with you. I was just trying to see what an all black grill would do to complete the blackout theme of the truck.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Played around with my front H emblem yesterday. I had an old H from a previous Grille that I sprayed white to see how it would look, on my white RL. I was able to remove the chrome H by putting my hand in the slot above/behind the license plate and use a stubby little phillips screwdriver (PH1) to turn the two screws. It's a tight squeeze but got the job done. I used double sided tape to attach the white H. It's a little over-exposed in the pic, not sure yet if I like it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
By Shoman90:- I never cared for the Honda H. I've been happy with this look since 2010...Grillcraft

Your look will certainly make people guess what you are driving. :)
I may try Chrome Black next?

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
The white chipped easy because I didn't sand the H before painting it. This time I sanded lightly, spayed with 5-6 light coats of Black Chrome and two clear coats. I definitely prefer the black to either the white or chrome emblems.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts