Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!
Long time Ridgeline fan and longer Honda fan here.

I just got my 2012 (150,000 miles) back from the dealer with a recall repair ( the fuel tank mounts). Okay good enough. My question is: They also recommended service "SPARK PLUGS AND VALVE ADJUSTMENT" at a cost of $1,175.00. Am I missing something or is that crazy expensive for plugs and a valve adjustment?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello All!
Long time Ridgeline fan and longer Honda fan here.

I just got my 2012 (150,000 miles) back from the dealer with a recall repair ( the fuel tank mounts). Okay good enough. My question is: They also recommended service "SPARK PLUGS AND VALVE ADJUSTMENT" at a cost of $1,175.00. Am I missing something or is that crazy expensive for plugs and a valve adjustment?
Dealers are just expensive. At least yours recommended the valve adjust. Mine didn't. With no warranty to worry about, I'd find a good independent Honda Mechanic. Valve adjustment is not something to skip. Honda valves tighten up and this makes no noise and can cost you a valve job or head if they get too tight. I did mine around 175k and one exhaust valve was tight, others close. I did plugs at the same time, they are in there and have access. Sorry but I don't remember the cost but it was not over $500 a couple of yrs ago.
Thanks Bmwrider, I am seeing elsewhere a lot of discussions about tight valves. I will ask my mechanic about it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts