Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Ridgeline, 2019 Civic SI coupe
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - i used to be on this forum a lot when i first got my 2009 ridgeline but i can no longer log in with my old account info. So i created a new profile. Just recently the BF helped me by replacing the front bearing, hub, lower control arms on my 2009 Ridgeline and i thought others might like the video he made. So many videos out there seem to only address other vehicles like the Pilot - but the truth is, not all of the tools that work on a pilot work on the ridgeline.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,189 Posts
Nice video! This should be moved to the How To GenI section and stickied!

The control arm, ball joints, tie rod end and sway bar end link I can completely understand replacing. What was going on with the wheel bearing? How many miles on your truck.? Best as I can tell the wheel bearings are pretty robust and will typically last a very long time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truck is just shy of 200k miles. One of the hubs had a bad thread - and we were getting noise from the bearings. Once the bearing was split apart and you could see inside, the grease was more like pasty powder. The passenger side was worse than the drivers side as far as bearings go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice video! This should be moved to the How To GenI section and stickied!
I admit, im not sure how to do this.. is there a way to move the whole post to a better section or should i make a new post under the how to section?

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,189 Posts
I admit, im not sure how to do this.. is there a way to move the whole post to a better section or should i make a new post under the how to section?
That's a job for the Moderators. If you had to do it over, the How to section is really intended for posts like yours. In spite of that people post questions in it all the time ASKING how to do something but what can you do???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For anyone wondering - yes, after about 2 minutes of nature scenes, there is a repair video :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Truck is just shy of 200k miles. One of the hubs had a bad thread - and we were getting noise from the bearings. Once the bearing was split apart and you could see inside, the grease was more like pasty powder. The passenger side was worse than the drivers side as far as bearings go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts