Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, First time poster. So I have damaged my front bumper cover on my 06 Ridge, and instead of simply replacing it with another 06 model cover I was toying with the idea of upgrading the look of the truck with the 2012 front bumper cover and sport grille. Just wondering if anyone on here has attempted this or has any input on the subject.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hi, First time poster. So I have damaged my front bumper cover on my 06 Ridge, and instead of simply replacing it with another 06 model cover I was toying with the idea of upgrading the look of the truck with the 2012 front bumper cover and sport grille. Just wondering if anyone on here has attempted this or has any input on the subject.

Thanks!
Yes. Some here have done it. Do a search here on the ROC and you should find it with details and pics. You can start with this one: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37617

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ordered the 2012 bumper cover, Sport Grille, and fog/drl's. Will probably getting around to doing the mod when I can find some time in the next couple weeks. Will try to remember to take pics of the install/wiring process. Cant wait!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have an 07 and I upgraded to the 09 bumper. The guy who painted my bumper also painted the center piece on the grill to match at no extra cost. I'm thinking of getting the sport black grill if anyone is interested in my 09 grill. Nimbus grey center piece.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cory- were you able to order the DRL wiring? I have not found info on that at all. I'm thinking of just getting the universal harness on eBay. But the wiring diagram doesn't show it hooked up to a switch or signal so I'm wondering if it senses load on the battery and just turns on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Cory- were you able to order the DRL wiring? I have not found info on that at all. I'm thinking of just getting the universal harness on eBay. But the wiring diagram doesn't show it hooked up to a switch or signal so I'm wondering if it senses load on the battery and just turns on
The harness will be spliced into another harness located under the left side of the dash. The way they work is they are turned on by ignition power, unless you have the parking break on. Another member has posted this method and looks fairly simple and straight forward. I plan on installing LED bulbs in my new DRL's so I will have them on at all times. I am making my own DRL and fog light harnesses. I am planning on turning on the DRL's via relay off of ignition circuit, and fog lights simply from ignition power in series with fog light sw. (So I cannot forget them on lol). As for rims I already have aftermarket 17"platinum wolverines wrapped with BF All Terrains. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts