Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I'm brand new to the ROC, so please excuse any errors in my posts.
We purchased a 2006 Ridgeline for my 16 year old son and within two weeks he decided to go muddin'. Trouble is, he didn't tell me water had gotten in the floorboards. I've had him shop vac a few times and I've had 3 fans in the car for 2 days and nights - and it's still damp. My next step is to remove all the carpet, clean it, and replace the padding.
Does anyone have detailed instructions, or can point me to a video about removing the carpet? I also have a 16 year old looking for a job so if anyone owns a sweatshop, slaughterhouse, or sewage inspection company, let me know!

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,163 Posts
LOL! Sorry to hear about your water issue dstew. I'll try to post that info for you when I get home tonight unless someone else beats me to it.

Welcome to the ROC. ;)

I hope I have as much of a sense of humor as you do if/when my kids do something similar.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Ouch. I feel for you. I wouldn't think it's too terribly hard to get the carpet out. The son would do the majority of the work. It's time to learn the saying, "If your going to play your going to pay."

When I was 16 I did the same thing with my 4 wheel drive but it was a 68 Bronco. I would go to the car wash after & hose it off. Even the inside when mud & water got inside it. That's the reason my parents gave me an old beater 4 wheel drive. They new what I was going to do. If they would've gave me a brand new 4 wheel drive I'd sank it to.

I highly doubt I'll give my son a Ridgeline when he turns 16. He's an outdoorsman & will be off-road when hunting, fishing, camping, ect. I'm sure him & his friends will go 4 wheeling to. You want to find out how tough a truck is, let a 16 year old bash it off-road. I'm not sure the Ridgeline is up for that & nether is my wallet.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
The front part of the truck isn't that physically hard - remove the seats, remove the door sills, remove the console. Removing the back seat, however, requires some muscle to get it out the door opening without tearing stuff up.

Before you do this, disconnect the negative battery terminal so that you don't set a code in the airbag system.

Chip H.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the replies. I don't think the seats and door sills will be much of a problem. The main things I need help with are:
1. Instructions on removing the center console.
2. Instructions on removing the back seats.
After the third day and night of three fans blowing full blast on the floorboards, it finally felt dry. I lysoled the heck out of it and it seems to be working. Even if the carpet doesn't need to be removed, I probably won't tell my son and make him do it anyway.
The worst part, and what I didn't mention, is that while he's out messing up the Ridgeline in mud, our "toy" was sitting in the driveway. A 1990 Ford Bronco with 35" tires and a 6" lift. Now I'm getting myself all worked up again. My parents told me this would happen some day.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Oh man with having an old Bronco, I'm sure you guys off-road, the Ridgeline didn't stand a chance. It was going to be sunk at some point by the 16 year old.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,163 Posts
Center console:

Carpet:

Rear seat:

Rear seat back:

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,721 Posts
I appreciate the replies. I don't think the seats and door sills will be much of a problem. The main things I need help with are:
After the third day and night of three fans blowing full blast on the floorboards, it finally felt dry. I lysoled the heck out of it and it seems to be working. Even if the carpet doesn't need to be removed, I probably won't tell my son and make him do it anyway.
The worst part, and what I didn't mention, is that while he's out messing up the Ridgeline in mud, our "toy" was sitting in the driveway. A 1990 Ford Bronco with 35" tires and a 6" lift. Now I'm getting myself all worked up again. My parents told me this would happen some day.
Sounds like this whole business has been a major headache for you and now you want your 16 year old son to remove the center console, door sills, front seats and rear seats so you can make a point with him? What are the chances that he will do this job correctly and do you want to end up correcting it yourself? . . .
Assuming the existing carpet is salvageable I personally would find another way to "learn" him.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Hmm. Maybe the rear seat doesn't have to come all the way out -- maybe just the covers.

Chip H.

·
Super Moderator
6,092 Posts
LOL! Sorry to hear about your water issue dstew. I'll try to post that info for you when I get home tonight unless someone else beats me to it.

Welcome to the ROC. ;)

I hope I have as much of a sense of humor as you do if/when my kids do something similar.
Xbb /

First, I'm brand new to the ROC, so please excuse any errors in my posts.
We purchased a 2006 Ridgeline for my 16 year old son and within two weeks he decided to go muddin'. Trouble is, he didn't tell me water had gotten in the floorboards. I've had him shop vac a few times and I've had 3 fans in the car for 2 days and nights - and it's still damp. My next step is to remove all the carpet, clean it, and replace the padding.
Does anyone have detailed instructions, or can point me to a video about removing the carpet? I also have a 16 year old looking for a job so if anyone owns a sweatshop, slaughterhouse, or sewage inspection company, let me know![/

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts