Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted my first Youtube video tonight about how to change the foam portion of the Ridgeline cup-holder.
I learned a lot about making ab instructional video and I would change some things next time, but overall I hope it will be helpful to someone.

Youtube search "Ridgeline cup holder foam replacement"

https://youtu.be/HIZuSDw7aRA

·
Super Moderator
4,963 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Thanks for the video. Nice shortcut that I hadn't seen before. I bought the replacement part 3 years ago expecting to to do this sooner but my original cup holder is in good shape. I don't put hot drinks in there, only a water bottle. I'm guessing the heat from hot drinks may be breaking down the foam.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Thanks for the video.
I don’t think it has to do with hot or cold beverages but more so about the size of cup or bottle. Mine started breaking after a couple years with the use of 20 oz. bottles or 44 oz. cups of soda pop.
Here’s a thought. Has anyone thought about switching the foam cup holders for the spring loaded ones from a civic? I don’t think it would be a direct switch but with a bit of modification, it might work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the info, mine needs new also. The next time I?m by the dealer I?ll buy the foam and swap it out. I?m thinking I?ll use the T15 but on a long extension or 2 & use my small cordless drill to do it quick, since I?ll have to get in a wierd position to reach them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the info, mine needs new also. The next time I?m by the dealer I?ll buy the foam and swap it out. I?m thinking I?ll use the T15 but on a long extension or 2 & use my small cordless drill to do it quick, since I?ll have to get in a wierd position to reach them.
They're pretty short screws, 2 or 3 rotations and they're out.
Good luck, you'll be happy you did it,it just looks so much better than the old broken one.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I actually trimmed out the tabs in one of the cupholders, because then it is a perfect fit for a standard Nalgene water bottle...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did mine today. the video was a big help, thank you for it! It still took me an hour just because of the strange positions I had to twist into and my weirdo (though super nice) neighbor hindered my progress.

Looks so much nicer on my 2011

·
Registered
118 Posts
This was great, thank you! Just got mine done this way. The original was a bit scruffy but not torn after 12 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts