Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I need to replace my driver side door mirror housing. Some nice person drove into it and broke a bit off.

I can buy the housing on the web, but how do I install instead of having the dealer install?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...+RTL+(SUNROOF)&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=MIRROR

Remove glass...usually the glass is hinged upwards. So tilt glass all the way pointing up(by the switch) And gently pry it up from the bottom, take a flathead screw driver and if you can see the attachment points take the screw driver and twist.if it doesnt pop off your on your own.

Flip mirror into vehicle. remove screw #20

flip mirror out remove screws #21,22

Pull motor out of housing until wires are accessible. Unplug motor.

Housing should be free.. Then install in reverse order.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Seems I need to replace my driver side door mirror housing. Some nice person drove into it and broke a bit off.

I can buy the housing on the web, but how do I install instead of having the dealer install?
If you buy from dealer on-line, it will already be painted to match. (in case you were considering otherwise)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I broke both my mirrors goofing off in the snow. Both times I was backing up and SNAP! Didn't see the mailbox on the first one and the basketball pole on the second one. Are these aftermarket mirrors and housings decent or should I stick with OEM? I have a 2006 RT so that means no heated mirrors currently. $70 for both mirrors is good price for my stupidity and good times.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought 2 complete outside mirrors for my 06 Ridgeline for $70 total from Auto and Art. I couldn't really tell much difference between them and the OEM. Installation is really easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts