Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to the site and I bought my 2007 Rideline new. Great truck works perfect for my needs. The cover on my antenna on the top of the cab has broken off. It looks like you need to remove it from the inside. Does anyone have instruction on how to replace it? Thanks for any help you can give.
 

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
Joined
·
7,891 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
There are other entries on this topic that require you to lower the roof liner at the back and that may end up being necessary, but this link for a 2010 model might be useful, it’s in Spanish but that should not be a problem as it’s self-explanatory:


I have a 2013 and things have changed a bit. undoing the 17mm nut according to this is easy, but whereas he was able to disconnect the wiring by pulling it closer to the hole, in my model the connection is attached to the roof and cannot be reached through that hole, lowering the passenger side of the lining was necessary, so some time between the model years something was changed. My Google search of this problem showed that apart from owner’s club members, this is a problem that has happened to other people. The plastic cover is held in place by 4 small self-tapping screws from the metal base plate to the plastic cover, and so was a weak point in the construction. I dismantled the new antenna by removing the screws, peeling off the rubber gasket and then lifting off the base plate. Then I applied urethane construction adhesive around the edge of the cover as seen in the photo. This was Lepage’s PL, but I guess any oil based similar product would do. Put the rubber gasket back on the base plate and attach the plastic cover. If any glue squeezes out it can be cleaned with household paint thinner. Then I left it for an hour to make sure no further glue dripped out. After that replacing the new antenna and connecting the lead was simple. Make sure the nut is reasonably tight, when I removed the old antenna it was only hand tight which might have been the cause of the cover lifting in the wind in the first place.
 

Attachments

· Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
There are other entries on this topic that require you to lower the roof liner at the back and that may end up being necessary, but this link for a 2010 model might be useful, it’s in Spanish but that should not be a problem as it’s self-explanatory:
I have a 2013 and things have changed a bit. undoing the 17mm nut according to this is easy, but whereas he was able to disconnect the wiring by pulling it closer to the hole, in my model the connection is attached to the roof and cannot be reached through that hole, lowering the passenger side of the lining was necessary, so some time between the model years something was changed. My Google search of this problem showed that apart from owner’s club members, this is a problem that has happened to other people. The plastic cover is held in place by 4 small self-tapping screws from the metal base plate to the plastic cover, and so was a weak point in the construction. I dismantled the new antenna by removing the screws, peeling off the rubber gasket and then lifting off the base plate. Then I applied urethane construction adhesive around the edge of the cover as seen in the photo. This was Lepage’s PL, but I guess any oil based similar product would do. Put the rubber gasket back on the base plate and attach the plastic cover. If any glue squeezes out it can be cleaned with household paint thinner. Then I left it for an hour to make sure no further glue dripped out. After that replacing the new antenna and connecting the lead was simple. Make sure the nut is reasonably tight, when I removed the old antenna it was only hand tight which might have been the cause of the cover lifting in the wind in the first place.
What adhesive did you use?
There are other entries on this topic that require you to lower the roof liner at the back and that may end up being necessary, but this link for a 2010 model might be useful, it’s in Spanish but that should not be a problem as it’s self-explanatory:
I have a 2013 and things have changed a bit. undoing the 17mm nut according to this is easy, but whereas he was able to disconnect the wiring by pulling it closer to the hole, in my model the connection is attached to the roof and cannot be reached through that hole, lowering the passenger side of the lining was necessary, so some time between the model years something was changed. My Google search of this problem showed that apart from owner’s club members, this is a problem that has happened to other people. The plastic cover is held in place by 4 small self-tapping screws from the metal base plate to the plastic cover, and so was a weak point in the construction. I dismantled the new antenna by removing the screws, peeling off the rubber gasket and then lifting off the base plate. Then I applied urethane construction adhesive around the edge of the cover as seen in the photo. This was Lepage’s PL, but I guess any oil based similar product would do. Put the rubber gasket back on the base plate and attach the plastic cover. If any glue squeezes out it can be cleaned with household paint thinner. Then I left it for an hour to make sure no further glue dripped out. After that replacing the new antenna and connecting the lead was simple. Make sure the nut is reasonably tight, when I removed the old antenna it was only hand tight which might have been the cause of the cover lifting in the wind in the first place.
what adhesive did you use
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top