Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Dealer quoted me $36 to replace the air filter and $85, yes $85, to replace the cabin filter. Went to NAPA and got the air filter for $17 and the cabin filter for $11, replaced them both in about 15 mins.

Thanks for posting this excellent information!

· Registered
137 Posts
I know it's 'buyer beware' but I can't help but think those charges are pure highway robbery. And they wonder why people get pi$$ed off at dealerships.
The fact they can get away with it is even worse.
This was my first experience with this dealer and it was acutally a very positive one. He was the low bid on my timing belt replacement and the filter replacements were quoted as part of their inspection process that they completed. He didn't pressure me at all and in fact I think he assumed I'd replace them myself. I say that because they both needed replacement and he simply called it out and did not do the hard sell. He also quoted me tires for about $800 but when I asked him how that would compare with Costco, he was very up front and told me I'd save some money going there. I've had other Honda dealers, thankfully a minority, who tried to put the high pressure sell on and frankly I simply lost trust in them because it was so transparent.

Have no problem with a dealer trying to make a buck, as a consumer I'm going to keep them honest and work hard to save a buck leveraging good old fashioned competition and for the simpler jobs, elbow grease.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.