Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out tonight that the VTM 4 switch as well as the select and reset buttons are out. How does one go about replacing them? Im pretty handy, just dont feel like taking it to a dealer. ANy diagrams and help would be awesome. Ive got nothing to do this weekend but watch OSU play football and fix these lights. Also how do you fix a burnt out driver side map light in the overhead area? Is that easy as well?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ton of information in this thread. If you're going to replace them, I'd go LED, that's what I'm about to do since I'm the original owner of a 2007 RTS and at least half the switch lights are out.

Roak

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How did you do it? Pull out the compete dash out that is to get to the bulbs? Once I get it off I might replace them ALL at once. Are there any step by step with pictures?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Watch YouTube video how to remove dash, medium size screwdriver will work.
Needs to unlock and move shifter to remove panel.
Needs to disconnect and remove some switches from lower dash, I think VSA, Fog Light and Cruise Control if bulbs are not good.
Is not that bad as look, there was some tread about dash removal and bulb replacement (convertion to LED).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well you guys are right. I was able to get the dash board off. When I looked behind it and saw the backside of the 3 buttons which are burnt out I'm not sure what I am looking at doing? I assume I should unclip them from their wiring harness and then remove the ENTIRE button from the dash? Where are the lights exactly? DO i have to crack it open? I'm still trying to figure out how to remove it from the dashboard. I did reread the LED replacement mod but didnt see any information or exact directions

·
Registered
4,171 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the good diagram? To remove them from the dash do they snap out? I assume the button or "front" will remain on the dash

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I don't remember if there is a separate clip that holds them in, or just some clips molded into the switch body. Once you get the dash off, it'll be obvious.

Chip H.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts