Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently acquired an 06 ridgeline that had a timing belt failure. I was able to find a used engine with 81k miles on it that I purchased online. I'm planning on doing the swap myself & would like to know what all I should do to the new engine b4 install. Such as timing belt & water pump, as well as fluid changes. Trying to compile a list. Also, if I could get a few pointers on the steps to removing the engine through the bottom? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2011 RTL
224 Posts
Timing belt, water pump, valve adjustment, rear main seal, thermostat and spark plugs while everything's easy to get to. There may even be a tag attached to the engine showing what needs to be done pre-install to have any warranty. I'll send images of Alldata procedures if someone doesn't attach a service manual procedure for removal for you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a list of things on the website that I ordered the engine from that I need to do in order to maintain the 1 year warranty. So that's good. It doesn't mention valve adjustment, which I have heard ridgelines exhaust valves like to tighten. Or is that something they would have done? Also I have tried to find info on removal but I can't find any exact details. I have access to a lift in my dads garage which I believe might help out quite a bit. Just looking for some pointers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, well thanks for all th input guys. Lol. Is it something I Said? I used to own an f150 & was part of that forum. Seemed a lot more friendly & helpful. Anyways, I've gotten the removal about done. Appreciate all the advice.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Welcome to a forum containing a lot of members who have never had the need to swap engines and transmissions like you would find on a Ford Forum. Just saying.

I have done a lot of work on my Ridgeline, However, I still can't help you on how to swap the engine out. Other than suggesting that you purchase a PDF version of the RL Honda Shop Manual for your year chassis.

As far as checking and adjusting the valves, that is part of the timing belt replacement procedure in the HSM.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well hopefully I'll have some helpful insights when I finally get it completed. I have everything except the steering linkage disconnected & the sub frame sitting on jack stands waiting to lift the body off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 thingi will say is. I wasn't gong to take radiator out until I seen that if I take it out then I have room for my a/c to move out of the way so I don't have to disconnect it. Definitely a plus as far as that goes

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,316 Posts
I hope a new radiator is also in your plan as you replace the engine. I assume you are familiar with SMOD(strawberry milkshake of death)?

Here's just one of many threads on the issue:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clarify it wasn't 100% alone. I think I had3 responses on here. Lol. So 95%alone. Thank you to the ppl that shared thier insight
As well it should be. I have great respect for such mechanical ability, and of course for the patience and persistence required to pull-off such a daunting task.

Congratulations.
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,776 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.