Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fan speed control is starting to fail on my manual temperture control unit (2006 RT). I am looking to replace with a used unit and was wondering if anyone knew if you could just replace the unit with the Automatic control and the system funtion properly as they seem to be running about the same price for the units.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
It's technically possible, but the additional cost of changing the wiring, adding the sensors, etc. make it financially unfeasible.

Chip H.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I think you'd have to be an automotive electrical savant to make that happen. Too many other things interconnected/impacted. Even with all the schematics, just figuring out the net differences could be mind-boggling. I could be wrong, but.... :( don't think that is going to happen.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
If my wife had a Ridgeline she would trade. Constantly turns the automatic in her car to manual. Bugs me to no end. I told her to start jumping up and changing the home thermostats when she gets uncomfortable. She said that just stays on the same temp. :act060: :act024:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts