Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing against the Firestones but have two tires with slow leaks, on my 2021 RTL-E and figure now is the time to change.

I will be replacing with the same size (245/60-18) as I do not think I need wider for a light truck that seldom leaves the asphalt. Wider to me means a greater chance of hydroplaning in Florida’s torrential rainfalls.

What is the top choice Michelin if money was not a factor

Premier LTX
Defender LTX M/S
Latitude Tour HP

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Michelin Latitude Tour were the worst tires I ever put on my Ridgeline. They hydroplaned badly and wore out at 42,000 Kms.
Thanks, I think they are also the most expensive.

I am not familiar with the tires in your list, but our Discount Tire store has provided us with excellent and honest service and advice where they would be my first stop.

Bill
I have used Discount Tire for years and agree with you on their service and advice.

The Michelin Defender LTX M/S is the replacement for the excellent Michelin LTX M/S that came as original equipment on the 2006-2014 Ridgeline.
I am leaning towards the Defender LTX M/S for sure. I had them on a previous vehicle and they performed very well.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Nothing against the Firestones but have two tires with slow leaks, on my 2021 RTL-E and figure now is the time to change.

I will be replacing with the same size (245/60-18) as I do not think I need wider for a light truck that seldom leaves the asphalt. Wider to me means a greater chance of hydroplaning in Florida’s torrential rainfalls.

Premier LTX
Defender LTX M/S
Latitude Tour HP
Might want to order them today.....$110 instant savings + $50 rebate card mailed to you. Discount Tire website shows $160 off deal expires today.

My vote would go to the CrossClimate model Michelin. Recently top rated in CR tests.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Premier LTX
Defender LTX M/S
Latitude Tour HP
I have a new 2022 RTL E on order. I plan on replacing them with Michelin also. I had great success with the Michelin Defender on my current 2006 Ridgeline. Got 65,000 miles out of my last set. That will be my choice for what it is worth.

·
Premium Member
2021 RTL-E
32 Posts
I didn’t wait for the Firestone’s to fail on my 2021 RTL-E — I went to Discount Tire at 1,350-miles and had the Michelin Defender LTX M/S’s installed and expect the great ride and service from these tires that other Michelin’s have provided me in the past. And the discounts Discount Tire offered made the decision easy — including taking the Firestone’s as a trade-in!

PS: A week later I put the same tires on my wife’s 2019 CR-V — her Firestone’s only lasted 24,000-miles. I wish I would have thought to trade them (the Firestone’s) when they were new— but now we both have great tires (Michelin’s) backed by a great store (Discount Tire) that should give us great service for the next 55,000 to 65,000-miles.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,677 Posts
I had the OEM Michelins LTX/M&S on my 2008 and they were the longest lasting tires I have ever owned. They did crack prematurely, but a good all-season tire.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Might want to order them today.....$110 instant savings + $50 rebate card mailed to you. Discount Tire website shows $160 off deal expires today.

My vote would go to the CrossClimate model Michelin. Recently top rated in CR tests.

ORDERED and THANKS!
Appointment at 12:30 tomorrow.
The discount did not show up when I ordered but will have them take it off the bill tomorrow. I have printed the rebate for the $50 card and am ready. YOU saved me some money!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Take a good look at the Michelin CrossClimate2 tires. The CC2 tires are my go-to tires when I replace the OEM’s.
My OEM FireStone LE2 tires have provided great service so far, but I have noticed that they love to catch stones & wear them flat.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I bought the Michelin Defender tires and they're outstanding. Local Farm and Fleet had buy 3 get one free. Total cost installed was slightly better than Costco.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I
I bought the Michelin Defender tires and they're outstanding. Local Farm and Fleet had buy 3 get one free. Total cost installed was slightly better than Costco.
Had them on my Q7 and loved them. Put over 50k on them and they still handled and were quiet. I am going to stick with what I know.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
487 Posts
Defender's are made in US, but CrossClimate's are made in France, Much better than their motorcycle tires, my Pilots were make in Thailand (front), and China (rear). Firestones and Conti's are both made in US also, at least in our size.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am not familiar with the tires in your list, but our Discount Tire store has provided us with excellent and honest service and advice where they would be my first stop.

Bill
Agreed, DT has shocked me with how much better they are than either Costco or Les Schwab in my experience.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Michelin Latitude Tour were the worst tires I ever put on my Ridgeline. They hydroplaned badly and wore out at 42,000 Kms.
Agreed. Loved the old LTX that came on my 07 RL

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS in Deep Scarlet Red
229 Posts

Would add the Discount Tire had a really good deal going last month when I got new Michelins on my '19 Nissan LEAF. They applied all these discounts & rebates directly to the purchase. I even cross-shopped a Firestone dealer for the comparable specialty Bridgestone LRR's that are common on EV's. Discount Tire out priced them by $200 on Michelins, Firestone store wouldn't attempt to compete.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL E
14 Posts
Defenders. On my second set for wife's suv. Great in the rain and snow. Get about 50k per set.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts