Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching through the nav DVD and there are a million bmp files. I've looked at all the ones that contain a recognizable word in their filenames, but none are the startup image of the Earth.

What I'd like to do is replace that image with a personal one (buring a new DVD that has that one change on it). Any ideas if this is a DVD element or something hardcoded into the nav computer?

Thanks!

Scott

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Skaught said:
I've been searching through the nav DVD and there are a million bmp files. I've looked at all the ones that contain a recognizable word in their filenames, but none are the startup image of the Earth.

What I'd like to do is replace that image with a personal one (buring a new DVD that has that one change on it). Any ideas if this is a DVD element or something hardcoded into the nav computer?

Thanks!

Scott
Yes, it can and has been done. Not much time now, but the link to the instructions has been posted elsewhere on this forum.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I never found the "earth picture either". I did make some posts that referenced how to do this in an acura (can't find right now). I don't think these instructions worked for the Ridge, I never tried them.........Did I miss the post from someone who actually did it in the Ridge?????????? I think it was "Truckin" who posted a picture of R.O.C. on his screen but I thought that was just photoshop or something???

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a post about people doing this in an Acura, with some sample startup pics they've used. But nothing about how to go about doing it on a Ridgeline.

Searching the DVD, there appears to be only BMP graphic files. No others that I could find. I looked at all the files that had semi-unqiue filenames and then sorted by file size and checked out all the large ones. No startup pic. I thought for sure I found it with the STRT.bmp pic, but no luck.

Scott

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
The picture is inside on of the two .bin files the Ridgeline uses. If I ever get some time I'll point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
68 Posts
and if you take the rope and apply is just so around your neck and jump you will see of course it was very very easy......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts