Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, had a quick question on replacing a navigation radio on my 2006 Ridgeline. I got a dash kit to replace my radio with a double din aftermarket deck. However, under the factory nav radio, they are some regular radio peripherals along with the hazard light button. The dash kit I purchased did not come with a option to replace this area with a blank or storage area. Is there a dash kit out there that would allow me to do this? Would I need to remove the hazard light button since there are connect? Or am I stuck with the old button interface when replacing the navigation with an aftermarket? Please see my pic attach as a reference.
Thank you so much for your help.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,848 Posts
All non-navigation GenI Ridgelines have a dash pocket in that space below your factory Nav unit. As moeligerant mentions, you simply have to get yourself the OEM dash pocket. Here's a pic of what it looks like. I should add that this subject is very well worn and searching the forum would have been a good place to start. . .
Electronics Cd player Technology Vehicle audio Media player

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All non-navigation GenI Ridgelines have a dash pocket in that space below your factory Nav unit. As moeligerant mentions, you simply have to get yourself the OEM dash pocket. Here's a pic of what it looks like. I should add that this subject is very well worn and searching the forum would have been a good place to start. . . View attachment 405946
Sorry I’m new to the form. I’ll look next time, didn’t mean to annoy you by not looking before asking. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,674 Posts
Sorry for asking, but what the heck is that? I have never seen a headunit like that before.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is an unbranded Chinese head unit I got on wish app It was only a $135
9.8" Android 8.1 works very well I love all the buttons on the sides it is a breeze to operate

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,674 Posts
You are brave to buy off Wish.
care to start a new thread on that headunit? I am curious.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would say just look it up on Wish, when I bought the RTL it had a pioneer 2 din that was for an apple I took it out and then just bolted in this unit very straight forward. A little tricky putting the dash back in, keep the radio screw out till the dash goes around the radio, hook up the dash wires then screw the radio in then pop the dash back in place

·
Registered
24 Posts
All, great post and right-on-time. I'm in the market to upgrade my 06 RTL w/Navi and had similar concerns but was tempted to let the Geek Squad do it.

Were there any issues using the factory Navi/GPS connectors or was there an adapter provided?

Also, were the steering wheel voice controls affected?

Saraa, that system gives your ride an up-to-date look similar to current factory high-end options. Like others, I've been skeptical about purchasing on "Wish"...might not get what you wish for...lol. You have me reconsidering, can you post more screenshots of the different features/apps and display? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
So far I really like the system I did not hook up the volume or channel up/down steering wheel controls as the unit has both that are very easy to use. It comes with a GPS antenna that I attached under the dash when the radio was out and it works great. The antenna is a standard old school push in so you need an adapter.
Wire Electrical wiring Electronics Technology Electronic device
Table Furniture Room Textile Interior design

·
Registered
9 Posts
As far as apps you can download what you want from the appstore as it uses android 8.1 it shows 2 rows of apps and you swipe left or right to the next page. I use waves and my mobile phone wifi if I was local traffic or gas prices on all the other things you git on waves. I love the way the map moves to a wider view the faster you go. Notice the date does not show right on the bottom but it shows right in the center screen when other apps are off

·
Registered
9 Posts
The sun was behind me I do not see reflections in the screen when driving but couldn't get a clear photo. The phone works great when a call come in it pops up on screen with name or number and answer or ignore green or red buttons. The microphone is built-in and work wonderfully. I downloaded my contacts but I have not figured out how to search by voice, but I have Google assistant on my phone and just as my to call someone and it does and it is on screen. I am not using android auto.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Appreciate the detailed feedback and additional pics. It's a very compact unit but appears to pack a lot of capabilities and options, something definitely to consider especially with the cost factor; thanks!

·
Registered
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
2 Posts
It is an unbranded Chinese head unit I got on wish app It was only a $135
9.8" Android 8.1 works very well I love all the buttons on the sides it is a breeze to operate
Hi Saraa: Do you have the info on your unit? Like where you bought it from etc. etc. :unsure:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought it on www.wish.com use my code if you like ckqvzhph (I get a referral bonus) they have a few models in the 9.8" screen. I like the older one with Android 8.1 but they have newer ones with Android 10 but they have less buttons on the sides and will not look as nice in the Ridgeline in my opinion.
On Wish search for Android car radio with navigation. I hope this help you find what you are looking for. Please ask if you have questions

·
Registered
9 Posts
Woops here is a note when looking on Wish there are several units listed that are the same some ship from the USA with faster delivery times. I have not ordered them but got the lowest price units from China that take longer to receive, but that gave me time to get the mounting and wiring stuff. I have bought 3 of them now for a few friends that liked mine. They were much harder to install in a 2005 Excursion and a 2004 Ford F150. As a note I like this system more than the factory system in my 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 much easier to use.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
2 Posts
I bought it on www.wish.com use my code if you like ckqvzhph (I get a referral bonus) they have a few models in the 9.8" screen. I like the older one with Android 8.1 but they have newer ones with Android 10 but they have less buttons on the sides and will not look as nice in the Ridgeline in my opinion.
On Wish search for Android car radio with navigation. I hope this help you find what you are looking for. Please ask if you have questions
You are awesome Saraa. Thank you so much. 🤗

1 - 20 of 21 Posts