Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning folks! First post, so don't eat me alive. :)

I just traded in my Sunset Pearl Orange Honda box for a Nighthawk Black RT, and while I didn't get the Ridgeline for it's audio capabilities, I figured I'd put up a post here and just try and get some feedback from other owners.

It seems that most double-DIN radios aren't cut to fit the stock Ridgeline radio opening, and the big players like Crutchfield and Circuit City don't currently have any of the single-DIN radio adapters. Google helpfully showed me this installation kit but it says it's for a 2005 Ridgeline. I don't know if that's an oversight on their part, or if the kit is even fitted properly. Has anyone updated their stock stereos yet, and if so, what did you use?

Assuming there is a kit that is a good fit, I think ideally I'd also like to find a paint that matches the interior beige color of the rest of the dash rather than have a glaring black plastic adapter sitting in the middle of the dash. Has anyone used any particular color or brand for plastics that they'd recommend?

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Welcome to the forum and excellent choice in color of your new RL! I have no clue for an answer to your question, but I'm sure others will chime in shortly. Hope you stick around and post some pics of your new stereo system once you get something installed.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
There is no such animal. This the first year for the Ridgeline. It was released as a 2006. It is a typo on their part.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the quick feedback! Looks like there are a couple of options out there for swapping out the head unit. Any updated I make will definitely be accompanied by pictures ;)

·
Registered
668 Posts
OttrOttr said:
Morning folks! First post, so don't eat me alive. :)

I just traded in my Sunset Pearl Orange Honda box for a Nighthawk Black RT, and while I didn't get the Ridgeline for it's audio capabilities, I figured I'd put up a post here and just try and get some feedback from other owners.

It seems that most double-DIN radios aren't cut to fit the stock Ridgeline radio opening, and the big players like Crutchfield and Circuit City don't currently have any of the single-DIN radio adapters. Google helpfully showed me this installation kit but it says it's for a 2005 Ridgeline. I don't know if that's an oversight on their part, or if the kit is even fitted properly. Has anyone updated their stock stereos yet, and if so, what did you use?

Assuming there is a kit that is a good fit, I think ideally I'd also like to find a paint that matches the interior beige color of the rest of the dash rather than have a glaring black plastic adapter sitting in the middle of the dash. Has anyone used any particular color or brand for plastics that they'd recommend?
I saw a kit on ebay just yesterday!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts